Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 9:22:56 PM EDT
Anyone know about the Colt Saa clones that Century Arms imported made by Pietta?
I was almost ready to buy a Traditions Frontier Pietta but I found a couple of these Century guns for almost 100 cheaper.... I can't find a lot of info on them I'm not sure if Century stopped importing them or what?
How do they compare to the other clones?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I ordered one we'll see how it looks
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is REALLY interesting to me.  I don't have ANY real thoughts of ever shooting a cowboy action match, but hell at the prices one of my FFL buddies can probably get these in 357 I'd almost want to buy a pair.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of these, and I picked it over the identical, as far as I could tell Traditions because of the price difference The finish seems a little different than what the pics show, it's not as "flat" on my gun and others I've seen than it is in the pics. Mine is sort of a "semi gloss" finish, and with the walnut grip, very pretty. So far, zero issues. Nice trigger and really smooth cocking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of these, and I picked it over the identical, as far as I could tell Traditions because of the price difference The finish seems a little different than what the pics show, it's not as "flat" on my gun and others I've seen than it is in the pics. Mine is sort of a "semi gloss" finish, and with the walnut grip, very pretty. So far, zero issues. Nice trigger and really smooth cocking.
View Quote
Mine is this way also
Did you get it from wholesale hunter?
I am pretty sure it's the same as a traditions with different marks
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine came from Century, in the Pietta box with a giant ugly sticker on it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned a couple of Italian clone 1873 revolvers.  They did not work out for me.  I have vowed to never again go down that road.

But, say it this way.....

IMHO, a Ruger New Vaquero would be a better shooter/competition SAA out of the box.  They are tough.

BTW....I also own several COLT SAAs and I shoot SASS, as a duelist. As a duelist, I'm OK.  But IF....I were going to try shooting against the gamers.  I'd really have to tune up my revolvers.

It's the case of taking the family Toyota Camry up against the NASCAR versions.

Aloha, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top