Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 12:57:46 AM EDT
it only took them 2.5 years, but the end results were amazing. They refinished my ugly diamondback which had some flat black coating on it that I traded 2 $90 sks for a few years ago came back looking amazing, they also fixed the timing, made the trigger perfect and replaced all internal components... All for the princely sum of $350.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Who is they?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. Who is they?
View Quote

Yes, curious as well
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, curious as well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice. Who is they?

Yes, curious as well
sorry, forgot to mention that it was Colt who did the repair and reblue. Apparently they'll no longer be providing this service for D frames, and I'm sure the length of time had something to do with the bankruptcy, as well as it's also highly likely that the person who did D frame repairs retired. I'm not sure if they replaced side plates, but it's highly likely they may have had to make new parts from scratch to complete the repair. I was surprised by the quality of the repair and reblue, especially for what I was charged. I'm certainly not complaining though, but I can't imagine they made a dime off of that job. Btw, also forgot to mention that the grips were made by an incredibly talented artisan in Thailand who's been selling them on ebay for quite a while. I wasn't going to fire it at first, but I've since decided to do so at my next range trip. I was able to compare it to a 1972 vintage python that was a safe queen and the quality of the royal blue was comparable.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Mustang II that needs some work, maybe I'll send it back to colt. It's an Ultra Elite .380, it's up at my folks house.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful revolver OP.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've said it before... and I will say it again. I hate you.

Nice gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sorry, forgot to mention that it was Colt who did the repair and reblue. Apparently they'll no longer be providing this service for D frames, and I'm sure the length of time had something to do with the bankruptcy, as well as it's also highly likely that the person who did D frame repairs retired. I'm not sure if they replaced side plates, but it's highly likely they may have had to make new parts from scratch to complete the repair. I was surprised by the quality of the repair and reblue, especially for what I was charged. I'm certainly not complaining though, but I can't imagine they made a dime off of that job. Btw, also forgot to mention that the grips were made by an incredibly talented artisan in Thailand who's been selling them on ebay for quite a while. I wasn't going to fire it at first, but I've since decided to do so at my next range trip. I was able to compare it to a 1972 vintage python that was a safe queen and the quality of the royal blue was comparable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice. Who is they?

Yes, curious as well

Yeah, I snatched up a "D" frame last Spring for my wife to purse carry. It's an 2" Agent model. I called Colt to see about a refinish because this girl was carried as a back up pistol and as off-duty, a lot! Colt kindly told me that they are not willing to refinish it because of possible damage to the alloyed frame upon dis and reassembly... The pistol was carried a lot, shot very, very little. Because the lock up timing is TIGHT, with no forcing cone or barrel throat erosion and certainly no flame cutting on the inner top strap of the frame. I've come to love the weathered look of her...

As to your reblued-rebuilt Diamondback OP... That pistol is Sick! I'm jealous a little... What a beautiful revolver that has been restored back to 100%... Enjoy your pistol. I'd never part with that one!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks great,shame they stopped that service,saw some nice work done by them in the past at a reasonable cost.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Beautiful Diamondback.

I kick myself for not buying a .22 Diamondback back-in-the-day.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Great looking Diamondback.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
That is AWESOME!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks to all for the nice comments. I'm super happy with it. the trigger is excellent and it's even more accurate than I remember.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice revolver, looks new. Not sure if I would have your patience, but glad it finally worked out. Glad that you will shoot it, I have a python that goes to the range once a year, always bring a grin with its smooth trigger.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very nice revolver, looks new. Not sure if I would have your patience, but glad it finally worked out. Glad that you will shoot it, I have a python that goes to the range once a year, always bring a grin with its smooth trigger.
View Quote
it doesn't hurt that I have a decent sized collection. I'd gladly trade it for a decent trooper in 357 since I now have a marlin 1894 in 357. Pre safety of course, and it's being threaded for a can.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up my baby python at a gun show about 20 years ago.  I traded a used Glock 17 for it which was worth about $350 in those days.  Everybody was trading their revolvers for hi-capacity 9mm and 40 S&W pistols.  I also picked up a Python and couple of Dick specials and a Cobra...all for just fraction of their current price as people were dumping them.    

I remember seeing this revolver in the movie Brannigan starting John Wayne and thought it was the coolest revolver and always wanted one.

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to hijack, but I also own a .22LR Diamondback as well as a Python & a couple of older Police Positives.

With Colt techs now being older than Moses & either retiring or getting laid off by Colt, does anyone think that perhaps Cylinder & Slide could do some of this type of work?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Cylinder and Slide and Frank Glenn in AZ are some of the last known Colt revolversmiths. I have a 70's Detective Special that needs the barrel tweaked to shoot to point of aim and would like the lockwork checked and adjusted if needed. Mr. Glenn and I corresponded about the work to be done and I have yet to set up the job with him. He has a stellar reputation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top