Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:29:11 AM EDT
Im really thinking I need one of their Cattlemans in 22lr, 12shots in a full sized SAA frame is really appealing to me. So are they worth the price?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I only have two blackpowder models:  Colt 1860 Army and Remington New Army.

Haven't fired them much but they seem well built/put together.

FWIW Cimarron uses some Uberti models as base guns for modification.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FWIW Cimarron uses some Uberti models as base guns for modification.
View Quote

That is partially correct.

Cimarron doesn't modify anything.   They order straight from Uberti and make no changes.

However, Uberti makes firearms to higher specifications of fit and finish when the importer or company that will be marketing it specifies a higher level of fit and finish.

In that regard it is true that not all Uberti firearms are fit and finished to the same standard, so the brand they are sold under does matter to some degree.

The same is true for Armi Sport / Chiappa and Pedersoli replicas as well.  They are also fitted and finished to higher specifications for importers or brands that are willing to pay for that higher level of fit and finish.

In all cases, you in essence get what you are willing to pay for, as those arms finished to a higher level of fit and finish come at greater wholesale cost to the importer / brand that markets them, and in turn have a higher retail cost to the consumer.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I stand corrected!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stand corrected!
View Quote

Right idea though, and the same effect on the back end, it's just a matter of how they get there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I own several Uberti guns. I have an 1860 Colt, 1858 Remington, and and 1872 Open Top in 45 Colt. I've been very pleased with all of them. I've installed conversion cylinders in both the black powder guns and they're working great as well. I've been wanting one of the .22's you mentioned too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top