Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2017 2:41:38 PM EDT
I need the hive minds opinion on what to do next. And if any of you have experience with this problem.

I took my new Cimarron El Malo 4.75 out shooting yesterday. Good news is it's singularly the most beautiful gun I own and the action is superb. Bad news is it's shooting 6 inches low and 8 to the left at 30 yards. So far reading on the Internet my options are

1) Change the load/bullet. Not really an option for me because of the 1000+ rounds of 255 grain bullets.

2) Turn the barrel and file the sight? Never done this and am somewhat hesitant to start wreanching on my new pistol. Also heard about people sticking their pistols in a vice and turning it with a 2x4?

3) Send it to a gunsmith and have him do it?

4) Maybe I'm an idiot and there's a special way revolvers need to be shot?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you shot it off a bench? Someone else getting the same groups at that range?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Once you confirm it is not you ( low and left being a classic indicator of poor technique ) then barrel tweaking filing sights and such are your only
Options on a fixed sight SA.
I have had some single actions ( notably old antique colts) that shot crazy amounts off even at close range.
One old 1880's era gun I had shot 18" high at 20 yards. Not going to back on a valuable classic so when I take that one out for its annual trip
To the range, I just shoot at the edge of the paper to group center
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top