Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 1:38:03 AM EDT
Recently bought an S&W model 60 chiefs special, S/N R2401X in immaculate condition. Date of birth is 1969. It was exported to Germany to be sold at a local Rod and Gun Club. It was bought by an American living in Germany at the time and returned to the US. It has German proof marks on the barrel, frame and cylinder. It came with the original box, manual, warranty card and card to join the NRA. Here are some pics.

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
that is one very nice looking pistol with a unique past. With all those extra stamps on it, German ones at that it will make an interesting conversation piece in the future. I have a Winchester md 101 with similar German proof marks. It was from the time that they were being manufactured in Japan. A friend bought it at a PX in Germany, brought it home, took it out a couple times shoved it to the back of the cabinet for a couple decades then sold it to me a couple years ago. It's seen a bit of travel too.

As I said, great looking piece.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Love it!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you used an assembly number in the yoke for a serial number incorrectly- serial number is on the butt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I forgot the letter pre-fix. Serial number is R2401x.

Here is a pic of the butt end...I don't care who sees the number, I have a receipt and BOS for it.

A note of interest to owners of older J frames, just got off the phone with S&W and they said it is
NOT rated for +P ammo. That did not happen until 1997.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss296/handlebar/20170123_164044_zps3g3euibq.jpg
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a beautiful 60. A model 60 was my first snubbie purchase and has led to 2 more. Great little guns!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top