Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2016 5:29:02 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good OWB holster for a 4 3/4" SAA that rides pretty much horizontally with the bottom of the grip facing upward?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
www.mernickleholsters.com/

Should have one for you, if not they do real good custom work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a pretty poor example, but I saw something similar in passing while seeing the expendables movie while flipping through the channels. Sylvester Stallone wears a SAA in that manner
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
{Not trying to be flippant::}

SAA are supposed to be carried with your typical cowboy action belt.
http://www.epsaddlery.com/c-52-44-outfit.aspx

Unless you are wearing a trench coat, they are hard to conceal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I wasn't looking for a concealed carry holster for it specifically. Just something to keep it accessible and out of the way at the same time. If riding a quad, horse, or motorcycle, on the belt behind me would keep it secured, protected, and out of the way while still being available. With a longer barrel a downward holster on the back would be very uncomfortable so I was looking for something horizontal. That being said, a jacket would actually conceal this type of holster well, if I were to locate such a beast.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Most cross draws are good for your intended use.  Some ride a bit higher than others, and if you are willing, try talking to a custom leathersmith.  

I have one that rides considerably higher than most.  The belt loops are almost half way down the length of the holster body.  This places it, on me just a bit lower than a shoulder holster.  The cant is a bit milder than most cross draws.  But then this one is for a specific set of concealment conditions.  Sadly the maker has passed.  But another really good one is Levergun Leatherworks

One thing I would suggest is that if you plan on riding quads or motorcycles get a full flap holster.  It's amazing the amount of crud that an open top holster can accumulate in a relatively short period of time during these pursuits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top