Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2016 10:36:30 PM EDT
Did not get too much feedback on the S&W forum so let me ask on the revolver forum.

Does anyone have a S&W Bodyguard 38 Revolver?

Shot my buddy's and it seems like a nice, light revolver.  My only issue was that it shot high for me.

In any case, I am thinking about picking one up.

Any cons?  Any concerns about durability?

Thanks,

Don
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get one and figure out the sites with a lot of shooting so you know how it shoots. It is a good gun from what I have seen. Not much experience on snubbies. Although I have a 2" .357mag I need to put some rounds though to know if I want to keep it with me when i am at home walking around.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one it's my carry gun most of the year and been that way for Atleast 3 years without a single issue. Great gun in my experience.

Probably my favorite feature is that it's a J frame sized gun with a full length ejector rod. This will let you get a nice positive extraction on deformed cases or dirty chambers. Only cons are really that grip options are limited and the trigger pull, while not actually a negative, feels quite different than a standard revolver.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one & love it. I carried in my pocket when I went out on night calls in the projects. Slim, LW & accurate. I keep it loaded with +P ammo but shoot wadcutters for practice.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you talking about the current model bodyguard or the original (awesome) model 38 or 49?

It's hard to beat the old J-Frame for a close in pistol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry one. It's a great piece.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did not get too much feedback on the S&W forum so let me ask on the revolver forum.

Does anyone have a S&W Bodyguard 38 Revolver?

Shot my buddy's and it seems like a nice, light revolver.  My only issue was that it shot high for me.

In any case, I am thinking about picking one up.

Any cons?  Any concerns about durability?

Thanks,

Don
View Quote

They are usually sighted in with 158 gr bullets. Not sure is that is still the case.  Lighter +P ammo might be the cause for this
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one. I replaced the front site with a Big Dot and I have really enjoyed it as a carry piece. Light and small and reasonably powerful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top