Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2016 9:01:16 AM EDT
Got their e-mail yesterday and already have one on order.

They come from the California Dept of Corrections $339. I opted for the additional $10 hand pick.

Thought you guys might want a heads up.

I'll post once I have it in hand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is SOG?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got their e-mail yesterday and already have one on order.

They come from the California Dept of Corrections $339. I opted for the additional $10 hand pick.

Thought you guys might want a heads up.

I'll post once I have it in hand.
View Quote

In my area that's a pretty high price for a Model 10. I will say though that the little brass tag is pretty cool. If I didn't already have several 10's I might think about grabbing one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is SOG?
View Quote

Southern Ohio Gun
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Southern Ohio Gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is SOG?

Southern Ohio Gun
Thank You

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Not bad money for a Model Ten anymore.  I collect them and finding them for that price is getting harder.  The rack tag is kind of cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Straight from the California Department of Corrections!

NO Sales to California!

Gotta Love that states Logic!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember the days dealers had model tens priced at under 200 and they collected dust! Those days are long gone. I think over 3 is at the top end of model 10 pricing ( my most recent model 10 cost me 165 about 7 years ago and last years model 15 ran me 300) but they are a terrific value still. One of these model 10's with the right shooter on the trigger will be more accurate than just about any modern combat polymer auto available today.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I remember the days dealers had model tens priced at under 200 and they collected dust! Those days are long gone. I think over 3 is at the top end of model 10 pricing ( my most recent model 10 cost me 165 about 7 years ago and last years model 15 ran me 300) but they are a terrific value still. One of these model 10's with the right shooter on the trigger will be more accurate than just about any modern combat polymer auto available today.
View Quote

I haven't seen a Model Ten for less than 300 in years.  Anything under 400 and I will at least look at it.  What trade ins that turn up these days are usually mid 300 range.  Add in shipping and FFl and your pushing 400 easily.  And finding nice ones is getting very hard.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I haven't seen a Model Ten for less than 300 in years.  Anything under 400 and I will at least look at it.  What trade ins that turn up these days are usually mid 300 range.  Add in shipping and FFl and your pushing 400 easily.  And finding nice ones is getting very hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the last year I snagged two model 10s for under $100. Both have honest wear, but they are tack drivers. In my area, it's not uncommon to find nice 10s for the 200-250 range.

Other than Cabelas, I can say I don't think I've seen a 10 go for over $300 in person.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a horrible price but I'd rather inspect first esp with police/corrections trade ins, some are shot very little but rough on the outside or qual guns nicer on outside and bores washed out from shooting lots and lots of HV lead free training ammo.

HB Model 10, 64's  are great shooters.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I see in TN as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Since we are twelve post in on this thread without a link to said M10...

http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/smith-wesson/smith-and-wesson-model-10-heavy-barrel-revolvers.html

I know it's hard to do such witchcraft on ARFCOM

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Same here

ETA: Meant to quote not seeing any under $300
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Back in 2009 Tennessee Guns had Model 10's and 64's  for $200 each.  

That seemed like a screaming deal to me! I bought a dozen of the 64's and let everyone in my family have one at my cost.

My cousin came to me a few weeks later and told me how grateful he was that I had let him in on this deal and that it was the best handgun he had ever shot!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
They have model 64's as well .
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Picked it up this morning. I'll try posting pictures tomorrow.

Few minor scratches but overall in great condition. No holster wear. Bluing is gorgeous.

Definitely saw very little use. "CDC" (California Dept of Corrections) engraved on frame.

10-10.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a Model 10-8 with a little holster wear today for $350 out the door. Back strap is stamped BPD with a rack number. I've heard this is Boston PD and that they were stamped at the factory.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yah, 12 or 14 years ago I got my PA DOC M10 for around 130 bucks...  Yet ANOTHER thing I should have bought a case of for later.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Got a email today from Centerfire Systems. They have them as well for $299. Wood stocked old style and rubber stocked with the lock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top