Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2016 10:44:58 PM EDT
The trigger sticks back in double action. Only when there is brass in the cylinder, happened first during live fire. It doesn't happen to just one specific cylinder, but if I roll the cylinder a little, the DA trigger releases and goes forward.

The more I have dry fired, the less it happens, but it is still happening.

Any idea what is going on?

Brand new gun from the factory. It is a Match Champion model.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Cylinder or frame not machined properly. When the brass is in the cylinder it's dragging against the rear of the frame opening.
Give Ruger a call and they will fix you up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, it's going back today.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy your drive to the UPS Hub.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Not the fist time I have seen this.

Dude I used to work with bought one and the guts had a lot of cutting lube and metal shavings in the workings of the trigger.  Once cleaned out it worked fine.

Ruger has some great CS, and will take care of the issue

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like it's in economy mode saving ammo. Turn the knob to high performance, it will burn more ammo but it will also run on all 6 cylinders.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
They adjusted the pawl. It's better, but the trigger still stacks terribly when there's brass in the chambers, and is smooth as hell when they're empty. Is that normal for a GP100?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top