Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2016 2:39:50 PM EDT
Tell me about these little pocket guns. Need one for deep concealment at work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually own two of the Black Widow models and like them a lot for what they are.  The oversize grips and good sights on these models make them surprisingly easy to shoot.  Very reliable with quality ammo. They are far more accurate than your common pocket .380 or .32 auto based on my testing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in 22lr. Good gun for "deep carry".
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I carry while on the motorcycle, not much good beyond 10 feet but as a "get off me" gun it's better than a knife or rock. They are really well made too, the fit and finish is pretty good.

Hornady Critical Defense are a handful to shoot in the little bastard, but the 4 foot fireball is worth the punishment...............
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Solid.
Well built little gun.
Use 22mag ammo. It shoots much more accurately than .22lr.  Speer makes a Gold Dot Short Barrel 22mag round for these(GDHP-SB)
The larger wood or plastic finger groove grip is worth it.
NEVER dry fire it. Use fired cases as snap caps. You'll need to turn cases after a snap to align unsmashed rim under hammer nose.
The sideplate screw can work loose. Check it periodically(note: it has REVERSE threads). If it works loose far enough it will cause the internal action parts to get out of whack.  
Do not buy the version with the skeleton hammer. I believe it is called a WASP. Get a solid hammer version.

Note: dis-assembling voids warranty.

If you do take it down be aware there are several itty-bitty and I mean microscopic small parts in it. Do NOT lose them.
NAA will NOT sell you replacements. You have to send in the gun for repair. $$$$$ and a p.i.t.a.
Please do not ask how I know.

I use one of those El-Cheapo Uncle Mike's neoprene holsters. I cut the plastic belt hook off. Makes a decent pocket holster for very little $.

I use a small Altoid breath mint tin for a spare ammo carrier. It will hold 10 extra rounds wrapped in a small piece of cloth to prevent rattling. Very covert. Fits in any pocket and innocuous.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy the 22 LR. The 22mags not that much better and ammo is pricey. Better still is a KelTec P32 in 32 auto.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Good stuff, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a 22lr and then a 22M/22lr convertible. They are great little guns and unbelievably accurate for their short barrels. I wish they still made larger single action centerfires. If I ever get another one I will opt for a longer barrel than a 1 1/8". I believe the manual does say you can safely dry fire it with the cylinder removed.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
How difficult is it to draw, cock and fire quickly?  The folding grip version seems slow to me.
Stopped by the gun shop at lunch today, none in stock.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I usually wear baggy fishing shorts down here on the Gulf Coast.
The pockets are large.
I can draw and fire the gun from these fairly quick. I'd say 2-3 seconds.
Not fast but quick enough.

The small black plastic grips suck. Buy the larger finger groove grips. Much better control.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I could draw and fire the two I had really fast. My 22lr only was a more accurate gun and a lot more fun it seemed, but the magnum convertible was easier to shoot because of the larger wood grip. I relied on both of them a lot more than I probably should have. However, when there were carried by their self the other option would have been no gun. I have a Double Tap Derringer for the role now, but the NAA's are missed. I bet had 3k rounds through the 22lr one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take a hard look at the P32.  I've bought 4 to date, one for every woman in the family and one for me for occasional deep concealment.  The ballistics are about the same as .380 but it is much easier to shoot (read:more accurate).  7+1 rounds of .32 makes a nice GTFOMe gun and it conceals incredibly well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy the 22 LR. The 22mags not that much better and ammo is pricey. Better still is a KelTec P32 in 32 auto.

Take a hard look at the P32.  I've bought 4 to date, one for every woman in the family and one for me for occasional deep concealment.  The ballistics are about the same as .380 but it is much easier to shoot (read:more accurate).  7+1 rounds of .32 makes a nice GTFOMe gun and it conceals incredibly well.

Totally agree. Plus it has last round hold open, unlike the P3AT or the Ruger LCP
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the P32 also. They are Reliable and concealable. Have 2.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy the 22mag,  not the LR. the 22lr is anemic in comparison.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
My PUG likes the Hornady Critical Defense over the Speer Gold Dot.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had the .22LR version for many years and think everyone should have one of 'em for last ditch use.

I've recently found a nice pocket holster I can't recommend enough.  Leather, good craftsmanship and less than $40 delivered to you.  He stops taking orders when the lead time goes beyond 5-6 weeks.

http://www.concealmentholstersolutions.com/

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I have one, 22mag with short barrel and wood boot grips(a must). Like little Swiss watches, I had a black widow also, but the added length and rubber boot grip make it damn near the same footprint as a j frame. Most definitely get the 22mag. 22 mag uses actual jacketed bullets and has nearly twice the velocity in these guns. As above Speer gold for short barrel or the hornady FTX loads. Also, 22 mag may be more expensive but is usually made to a higher standard, a plus for a designated defense gun.

I have also owned p32, both guns serve different purposes, the NAA can go places the p32 can't, but is a stupid light semi-auto that never failed. Both are about the same price.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought the 22mag Pug, Gold Dot 40gr short bbl and a Stays Put holster.  This little revolver is really slick and should serve me well.

Thanks to all the posted.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up a .22 mag convertible version about a month ago. It's a fun little gun but I would never carry it as my primary gun unless I couldn't carry anything else.  I did see a guy at the local convenience store OCing one today though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top