Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2016 9:45:19 PM EDT
I'm thinking about picking one up. I love the looks of the gun, and I hear a lot of good about it.

Exactly what kind of finish is on it? I hear it's stainless with a Matte Black coating. The reason I
ask is I use Mother's Mag Wheel Polish on my (completely) stainless 686, particularly on the
front of the cylinder, to remove the burn marks. Will Mothers Mag Wheel Polish remove the finish?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about picking one up. I love the looks of the gun, and I hear a lot of good about it.

Exactly what kind of finish is on it? I hear it's stainless with a Matte Black coating. The reason I
ask is I use Mother's Mag Wheel Polish on my (completely) stainless 686, particularly on the
front of the cylinder, to remove the burn marks. Will Mothers Mag Wheel Polish remove the finish?
View Quote

The pistol is bead blasted stainless with, I believe, Birdsong Black T.

Use a Kleenbore lead-away cloth.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I'll check em out
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
AWDeity do you have a Stealth Hunter?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Softest shooting 44mag I have ever shot and I've owned alot of em !
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
good gun, i want one myself. trying to find one is the problem
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
there is a new one on GB for $1599, pricey but new.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the look of the Stealth Hunter... What would be a good range holster?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Safariland or even an uncle mikes is a cost efficient way to go. If you want leather, I really like Galco dual position holster.. They have a few other models as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AWDeity do you have a Stealth Hunter?
View Quote

Yes. Mine was sent back to the factory by the previous owner to have the black finish removed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I never knew about the 629 Stealth Hunter.  Well, my wishlist just grew one gun longer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top