User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am leery with the S&W painted on finishes on their little revolvers. I had a 642 and when the finish wore off, the metal underneath corroded. Eventually after carrying it in the Florida heat and with me sweating, the metal started to corrode away to the point I could use my fingernail and scratch off little chunks. I wound up selling it to a fellow neighbor for a low price with the issue known and got a Ruger LCR. It could have been a fluke, but it was out of warranty and S&W would not do anything about it. If you do go with a S&W, buy a stainless revolver for durability.
View Quote

That seems to be the consensus from what I've read about them.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am leery with the S&W painted on finishes on their little revolvers. I had a 642 and when the finish wore off, the metal underneath corroded. Eventually after carrying it in the Florida heat and with me sweating, the metal started to corrode away to the point I could use my fingernail and scratch off little chunks. I wound up selling it to a fellow neighbor for a low price with the issue known and got a Ruger LCR. It could have been a fluke, but it was out of warranty and S&W would not do anything about it. If you do go with a S&W, buy a stainless revolver for durability.

I've owned a few and have never seen this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I was one of the unlucky ones. I have owned a few but the bad one was one I carried often.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top