Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 8:33:25 AM EDT
Well I've put 100 rounds of .44special cowboy ,50 rounds 44mag 200gr cowboy, 300 rounds of Winchester 240gr .44magnum white box (that stuff that says for deer and black bear), and 100 rounds of the American Eagle .44mag 240 grain bear loads (idk they are just really kinda hot).

The gun shows no signs of stress or trauma, frame, crane, lock, barrel sleeve, detent, and cylinder all look solid and functions just like it did the day I purchased it. I usually only shoot magnum loads because ... Well I got it for that and I don't mind shooting 100 rounds of magnum ammo in a day. Recoil is stout sometimes but it's a laser... Just point and click.  The .44 special loads were Hsm or something like that, 180 grain I think, shot really smoothly and felt like my pals .45lc vaquero but less recoil. The American Eagle red box stuff is pretty stout and after 20 or 40 rounds you start to get use to it. I love the gun, cleans up easily, nothing is defective or showing signs of distress it just keeps eating anything I put through it. Nice gun to have on walks in the woods knowing you got some serious power on tap if you need .

Anyways ,
Wrote this up after reading some hate about the gun, I've owned it for around 4 months and have tore into it pretty good only expecting whatever happened and didn't realize there were so many negative opinions about it. I think it's pretty amazing for a smaller , lighter, modern heavy hitting revolver. That's that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well I've put 100 rounds of .44special cowboy ,50 rounds 44mag 200gr cowboy, 300 rounds of Winchester 240gr .44magnum white box (that stuff that says for deer and black bear), and 100 rounds of the American Eagle .44mag 240 grain bear loads (idk they are just really kinda hot).

The gun shows no signs of stress or trauma, frame, crane, lock, barrel sleeve, detent, and cylinder all look solid and functions just like it did the day I purchased it. I usually only shoot magnum loads because ... Well I got it for that and I don't mind shooting 100 rounds of magnum ammo in a day. Recoil is stout sometimes but it's a laser... Just point and click.  The .44 special loads were Hsm or something like that, 180 grain I think, shot really smoothly and felt like my pals .45lc vaquero but less recoil. The American Eagle red box stuff is pretty stout and after 20 or 40 rounds you start to get use to it. I love the gun, cleans up easily, nothing is defective or showing signs of distress it just keeps eating anything I put through it. Nice gun to have on walks in the woods knowing you got some serious power on tap if you need .

Anyways ,

Wrote this up after reading some hate about the gun, I've owned it for around 4 months and have tore into it pretty good only expecting whatever happened and didn't realize there were so many negative opinions about it. I think it's pretty amazing for a smaller , lighter, modern heavy hitting revolver. That's that.
View Quote

I really want one of these as a carry around the farm piece.  Would go nicely with my M92 levergun.  Thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried any cast bullets in it yet?

If so how was barrel leading?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the review.

Some guys just don't like the newfangled guns altogether.

Some like to bitch and complain about the most minor of imperfections in the most unobtrusive areas.

Some have legitimate issues but those seem to be few and far between. When one crops up some will always pile on.

Anyway, I've had a bunch of new ones since the mid 90's and they're all good.

A bum wrist had me sell off my 44. I do miss it a bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice gun. I really want a 44 magnum, I like the frame size of the model 69.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to agree with the op. I love my m69. So far it's been a great revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top