Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 4:27:13 PM EDT
I’ve read information indicating that the various LCR calibers have different front sight blades with different heights. Apparently the .38 +P/.357 blade is the tallest and the 9mm, .327 Mag, .22 Mag, and .22 LR have various shorter blades.

If this is so, then if we can find out what these heights are, along with the heights of the various aftermarket blades, we can regulate our LCR’s for different loads.

I’d like to gather these heights from those here. Please post here your front sight height if you have an LCR and an accurate means of measuring (caliper or depth mic?).

.38 +P/.357 blade =
9mm blade =
.327 Mag =
.22 Mag =
.22 LR =
XS Express Regular Dot for LCR =
Novak Tritium Front Night Sight for LCR =
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If you look at Rugers Store they only use two factory heights #12920 (38,357,22mag) / #12921 (9mm,327,22lr).  I've got the 9mm and 327, which should use the same height but my 9mm was an early model and has the taller 38/357 sight, Ruger has since changed and gone with the shorter one now.  Ill post up sight specs later if you want them.  I've also contacted XS sights several times (last time was last week) about getting the 9mm/327 sight and they said that they have tried but can not get a tritium tube in the lower 9mm/327 sight heights.  I suggested running the sight out longer back towards the cylinder then the sight can still pin normally and the other end could then hold the tube, but no joy.

EDIT:  Used my calipers depth probe and measuring from the top of the barrel (bottom of sight) to the top of sight at its highest point.

.327 =  0.210"

9mm =  0.245"
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill post up sight specs later if you want them.  
View Quote

Thanks EastTexas, that would be a great help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top