Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 2:09:13 PM EDT
Do the steel frame .357 mag and 9mm LCR's have the same external dimensions as the aluminum frame .38 +P LCR?

I plan to get a 9mm LCR in the near future (my LGS is trying to find one). I plan to mount a LaserMax Centerfire laser on it. It mounts to the trigger guard and to the cylinder crane screw. So I need to know if Ruger used the same frame and cylinder length on all LCR's or if the .357/9mm has a longer cylinder (and therefore longer trigger guard to front of frame dimension)..

Does anyone here have access to both a steel frame and aluminum frame LCR to see if these dimensions are the same?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The 357 & 38 guns are the same, and use the same holsters.  I am not sure on the 9mm though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 357 & 38 guns are the same, and use the same holsters.  I am not sure on the 9mm though.
View Quote

Thank you,
That's what I needed to know. Everything I've read says the 9mm is built with the .357 frame and cylinder blank. So they must all be dimensionally the same.

That saves me a lot of headaches.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the 357/9mm/327 all use the same stainless frame.  The 38 uses aluminum and I think the 22's do as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top