User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Older S&Ws are perty.  Rugers are typically pretty ugly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I though only S&W put out such poor craftsmanship?

I like the rugged and totalitarian look of Rugers personally. All business and will absolutely last forever. I also like Smiths, but have at this point adopted more Rugers and released more Smiths.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I like the rugged and totalitarian look of Rugers personally. All business and will absolutely last forever. I also like Smiths, but have at this point adopted more Rugers and released more Smiths.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I though only S&W put out such poor craftsmanship?

I personally like the look of ruger. Its one of the reasons I got it over smith. I also think ruger has the iconic look of modern revolver (maybe not because its a few decades old haha), this is saying that chiappa rhino is chiappa rhino.. I dont know what its about smith but I have no interest in buying any of them.

People keep saying gp is built like a tank and it will last forever. It has the reputation of ak. Honestly, I think its just a solid revolver more or less. All that 'built like a tank' thing is a psychological thing in the community. Its still stainless steel and I see failures all the time. A lucky and well built batch of revolvers of any brand will probably last a while, certainly not a generation..

Thats my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
When you mass produce guns as fast as possible then bad stuff will slide through. As a general broadbrush remark the newer Rugers are really rough compared to the 70's. But even back then Ruger had issues with shipping out rough chambers and not just a little rough.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top