Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:45:05 AM EDT
I recently picked up a C&R eligible K-22 and took it to the range for the first time on Wednesday, it shoots great I really love the trigger on it.

The cylinder release seems to be sticky at times, I push it to open but I'm not sure if it doesn't release or maybe I'm not pushing it open all the way but it can take a few tries to get the cylinder to release.

I don't know a lot about revolvers, is this difficult by design or should I clean it or maybe send it for inspection? It locks up pretty tight and doesn't appear to be shaving lead at all.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Check if the ejector rod is loose
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Kroill oil lots of Kroil
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The earlier models have a right hand thread ejector rod that can back out.  As the cylinder rotates, the natural tendency is for the ejector rod to come loose.

I have a no dash model and it has come loose and backed out.  When that happens, it is harder to get the cylinder open.  The changed to left hand thread with the 17-1.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You need more than finger tension to stop this from re-occurring.

The easiest way to help solve the ejector rod loosening is to clamp the rod in a vice ( I glue leather strips on the jaws) and give a stout hand twist on the cylinder.  ##Always be mindful not to damage ,bend ,break, etc.

FWIW....
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You need more than finger tension to stop this from re-occurring.

The easiest way to help solve the ejector rod loosening is to clamp the rod in a vice ( I glue leather strips on the jaws) and give a stout hand twist on the cylinder.  ##Always be mindful not to damage ,bend ,break, etc.

FWIW....
View Quote

If you do this, put some empty cases in the cylinder or you can screw up the extractor star.

Also, if it's not loose, it could very well just need the inside cleaned.  Years of people using things like WD-40, etc. results in all manner of gunk and gummy mass in there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My guess is that it really needs cleaned.
There is some crud under the extractor or the chambers are really dirty stopping the rounds from fully seating in the cylinder making everything fit too tight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Clean under the ejector star.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top