Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2015 12:17:42 PM EDT
I am looking for a revolver for my wife to carry. She will not carry a semi-auto. "Because I DON'T WANT TO".
She had a 642 but would not even shoot it. I thought 22 Magnum would be better protection than a fierce scowl.
Anyone have experience with one?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
why not a ruger LCR? I personally would want a little more pop than a .22mag. 38 special / +P would be my preferred carry for the variables you describe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why not a ruger LCR? I personally would want a little more pop than a .22mag. 38 special / +P would be my preferred carry for the variables you describe.
View Quote

Had that in the 642 she shot it once and said she did not want it or use it.
Didn't think about the Ruger I will check it out.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
the LCR absorbs the .38 special recoil very well. Its a good ladies gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not overlook older used snubs in the various .32's  ( S&W long, H&R mag ) this may be the just right caliber. A bit more juice than a 22 mag but more manageable recoil. Most are going to be all steel frame which helps as well. And hold 6 instead of 5
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
the big thing is she must carry it if 22mag is the way you want to go look at the naa sidewinder its much smaller & you can use 22mag birdshot load for snakes, this is how I git my wife to start carrying when she goes jogging.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]
The only problem is 22mag is inherently unreliable because it is a rim fire. However, if it fails squeezing the trigger again should eliminate the problem, and a revolver is the only gun I would rely on with rim fire ammo for self defense. Quality rounds like CCI generally achieve near 100% reliability.

I would recommend the LCR over the Smith because the Smiths normally cost substantially more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you asked her whether she really wants to carry a gun at all?

Just because YOU think she would benefit from carrying a gun, does not mean she shares your perspective, or for that matter, would be even remotely effective with it when a goblin suddenly appears.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Ger42,

You are being missed on FSN.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top