Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2015 5:23:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice post! Surprised no one replied to this. I don't watch the show but it's cool you've identified a few.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The_(TV_Series)

link won't go hot, don't know why
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Maggi is good looking, and I like her even more since she's carrying the R8.  In fact while getting caught up on the last season the other day wifey said she liked the R8, and she doesn't like revolvers.  Maybe an R8 is in my future after all
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have and like the TRR8 I like not having the rails on or putting the rails I want on... its a fantastic 357
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maggi is good looking, and I like her even more since she's carrying the R8.  In fact while getting caught up on the last season the other day wifey said she liked the R8, and she doesn't like revolvers.  Maybe an R8 is in my future after all
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the show but I'm on too many meds to play the remember game.  You can find all the guns used on Walking Dead, or most any TV show/movie, by going to "IMFDB.com" aka "Internet Movie Firearms Database".  It's one of the best websites ever created .
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Watch the show, but still haven't figured out why they drive such lousy vehicles (should be tons of APC and such around) and use such in appropriate firearms (should be tons of rifles, shotguns and handguns around).  But then it is TV so the writers can script it anyway they want.

So far (only seen two episodes) Fear the Walking Dead is a bit more realistic.  Neighbor had a O/U and a couple boxes of different shot sizes.  Although the first one Ruben Blades kills with it doesn't die (re-die) when it takes a close range head shot with #8 shot.  At a couple of feet, even with the cylinder bore choke tubes, in it would definitely have penetrated into the brain pan.  Oh, and everyone could still hear after the gun was fired.

In fact, the only one on WD that has her act together is the girl with the sword.  It won't run out of ammo, and she's really good with it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watch the show, but still haven't figured out why they drive such lousy vehicles (should be tons of APC and such around) and use such in appropriate firearms (should be tons of rifles, shotguns and handguns around).  But then it is TV so the writers can script it anyway they want.

So far (only seen two episodes) Fear the Walking Dead is a bit more realistic.  Neighbor had a O/U and a couple boxes of different shot sizes.  Although the first one Ruben Blades kills with it doesn't die (re-die) when it takes a close range head shot with #8 shot.  At a couple of feet, even with the cylinder bore choke tubes, in it would definitely have penetrated into the brain pan.  Oh, and everyone could still hear after the gun was fired.

In fact, the only one on WD that has her act together is the girl with the sword.  It won't run out of ammo, and she's really good with it.
View Quote

Never  understood this either. Latest episode and still running around with a revolver. It would take me 5 minutes to find something belt fed. Then not much longer to find something like an acog since only head shots work.

I would have at the very least

1. belt fed in case you are over run
2. some type of magazine fed rifle with light recoil. Most likely an AR. I would also have a suppressor even if  all I had was supersonic ammo
3. handgun with with a suppressor option
4. a sword
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#8]
38 Special/357 Magnum is probably one of the most commonly found ammo types.   Not a bad idea to keep one around when scrounging for ammo.   A gun with no ammo isnt much good.

Bird shot isnt much good on something that doesnt feel pain.   Cut shells would work with small shot.   I also thought the birdshot would be good at short range but it sometimes doesnt penetrate enough in real defense situations.   00 buck is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
38 Special/357 Magnum is probably one of the most commonly found ammo types.   Not a bad idea to keep one around when scrounging for ammo.   A gun with no ammo isnt much good.

Bird shot isnt much good on something that doesnt feel pain.   Cut shells would work with small shot.   I also thought the birdshot would be good at short range but it sometimes doesnt penetrate enough in real defense situations.   00 buck is the way to go.
View Quote

If this was the 1980s/early 90s, you'd be correct.

Now, not so much. 9mm is the king of commonly found ammo. Many of the people who own the .38/357 guns aren't 'tactical' and therefore don't horde their ammo.

Even .45 is becoming less of popular.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now, not so much. 9mm is the king of commonly found ammo. Many of the people who own the .38/357 guns aren't 'tactical' and therefore don't horde their ammo.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Several nice things about a 38/357 revolver:

1. you will never will lose your magazine

2. easier to police up your brass for reloading

3. will function with low powered improvised reloads if needed

4. 357 out of a carbine has some serious legs
View Quote

I agree with everything above. I'm a wheel gunner to the core.
That said, noise is the enemy.
tough to supress a revo.
I have three 357 carbines that are threaded and 38spl is a
Wonderful round to supress. I think one or two episodes
had a SBR supressed ruger 77/357 or 77/44.
I figure winny white box 38spl can be scrounged fairly easily.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Rick had a blued snubbie in SOB in the last episode I believe...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looked like the same detective special Carol was toting around earlier.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to spoil too much, she handed it to him didn't she?
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Many of the people who own the .38/357 guns aren't 'tactical' and therefore don't horde their ammo.

View Quote

You funny...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You funny...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many of the people who own the .38/357 guns aren't 'tactical' and therefore don't horde their ammo.

You funny...

He is right

Arfcommers aren't even a fraction of gun owners

Most people who do own a gun may have a box or two of ammo, if that
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Most people I know, that have a lot of ammo hoarded and reloading equipment, don't visit arfcom.  Ever.  We are not the majority of gun owners in the USA and what happens on here is not gospel.  

My Dad had a fricking bucket full (read: one of these cardboard drums that flexible metal cable for wiring came in and looks like a 55 gallon drum) of .38's. It wasn't FULL of course, but it filled up a good amount to look like a LOT of ammo.   Because some of the dudes that were cops back in the day, kept a lot of ammo on hand.  They saw a lot of riots back then too.  Just because the trend is 9mm now doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  I could be wrong.  I think it's just as likely that a basement has some .38's hoarded as finding one with 9mm.  And you'd probably find some .357 along with the .38's.  I think it had a much longer reign as the go to police round than 9mm, and even the military used a lot of it.  

But Zack, you obviously have a thing against old guns.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most people I know, that have a lot of ammo hoarded and reloading equipment, don't visit arfcom.  Ever.  We are not the majority of gun owners in the USA and what happens on here is not gospel.  

My Dad had a fricking bucket full (read: one of these cardboard drums that flexible metal cable for wiring came in and looks like a 55 gallon drum) of .38's. It wasn't FULL of course, but it filled up a good amount to look like a LOT of ammo.   Because some of the dudes that were cops back in the day, kept a lot of ammo on hand.  They saw a lot of riots back then too.  Just because the trend is 9mm now doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  I could be wrong.  I think it's just as likely that a basement has some .38's hoarded as finding one with 9mm.  And you'd probably find some .357 along with the .38's.  I think it had a much longer reign as the go to police round than 9mm, and even the military used a lot of it.  

View Quote

i love old guns, have a few myself, but i can understand when there are better choices. (referring to the m14 thread)

you have to keep in mind, there are millions of gun owners out there, what you see on arfcom and in your family is not indicative of what the millions of gun owners in the us do

go spend time at a relatively busy gun store, there is an 87% chance you will hear "why can't i just buy one clip of ammo" more than once
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

i love old guns, have a few myself, but i can understand when there are better choices. (referring to the m14 thread)

you have to keep in mind, there are millions of gun owners out there, what you see on arfcom and in your family is not indicative of what the millions of gun owners in the us do

go spend time at a relatively busy gun store, there is an 87% chance you will hear "why can't i just buy one clip of ammo" more than once
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gotcha.  But that was my point.  Just about everyone I know who shoots, which is quite a few, aren't on arfcom.  And they stack ammo more than what you're saying.  My point was just that .38 was pretty freaking prevalent for nearly the whole last Century.  Well, I'm not sure when it started to get hot but it was the go to round for police, and govt' agencies for quite a while.  I'm guessing there's some out there in peoples homes.  But I could be wrong.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
For a story set in Georgia, it will be easier to find .38 Spl.  Every trailer in Georgia has at least one box of .38 inside.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't see a 77/357, but Aaron in season 5 had a suppressed Rem model 7 with a wood stock.
View Quote

That was a nice looking rig. I looked like it was an SBR that was so short that the silencer (Liberty Mystic?) was in-letted into the stock.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think a 9mm revolver that doesn't take moon clips would be a good thing to have in the tool box.

You would probably come across 9mm easier when scrounging.
View Quote

Prior to that boating accident , I had a Ruger Speed Six in 9mm that I really liked. Could run it with or without moon clips. Make no mistake: without them it was a slow, pulling them out by the fingernails reload. Additionally if I some reloads/rounds that did not run well in my autos, into the revolver it would go.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I love it that TWD has a lot of wheelguns.
They are a thing of beauty.

BUT I suspect it is also an intentional and ideological driven thing..

Think about it, this is still hollywood..

It's the Zombie apocalypse so they HAVE to HAVE guns.. No way around it, even for this anti gun crowd.

So what do they do?

....have the heros use the least "tactical" guns available.

I think it was into season 3 that I even saw the first AR15 being used by a good guy (I might be wrong, shrug)

In a real zombie apocalypse AR15s would be EVERYWHERE, used by EVERYONE, except for the AK guys ( also a scary tactical gun)

I believe the dearth of tactical firearms used by heros, was an intentional editorial choice, so they dont "feed the craze"
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't think the use wheelguns is politically motivated even if Reeds and Lincoln are antigun...
Think back when the Deana's son referred to guns as "sweet little biscuits"  and all the other guns were just in a box in the pantry.  I think the point is that they are purely focused on survival not the tools.  

Knives and swords I think have more value to the characters.  Carol is infatuated with knives because they do not run out of bullets, Rick once mentioned his red handled machete...and of course Michone her sword which she was able to hang up when she thought she did not need it.

I think the point is that they will survive with whatever they have.  Remember ... "Use your shovels...." from Sunday?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#31]
On an off topic note, does anyone know what bi-pod Carol had on that 308 AR she was using in season 5?

That was a nice looking unit, and I need to upgrade the crappy one on my 308.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
On an off topic note, does anyone know what bi-pod Carol had on that 308 AR she was using in season 5?

That was a nice looking unit, and I need to upgrade the crappy one on my 308.
View Quote

It's in the Season 5 link I posted. It's a TangoDown ACB-4 bipod.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Why no 22lr action???  With all the "real world" hoarding I'd think it would make a showing on TWD.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]
High powered magnum handguns and high powered rifles are waste in the zombie era, one only has to pierce the human cranium to do the job a .22 rifle or .32 caliber pistol should be enough to kill/ finish off these zombies.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
In the season finale, I believe Deanna was using a  Ruger SP-101 without an exposed hammer when she got off her deathbed to open the door to the walkers in the hallway.

I have no idea how to attach a photo of one here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Steel Talon,
I agree that it seems some .22's would be around. In real-world Georgia, you'd find every kind of firearm ever sold in the state or brought back from a military tour years ago, and most all gun-owning households would have one or more .22 firearms.  Hard to explain why we don't seem them in TWD, but this is the same bunch (or some of them) that drove away from many abandoned military weapons at the CDC in an earlier season. And it "ain't the real world".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top