Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2015 8:32:37 PM EDT
Was in the market for one of these earlier this month.. found zero to none decent pics. Purpose of this thread is for folks looking in buying and of course to share gun ..

(ps-gun was unloaded, used spent brass casing)

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Love it!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. You always take the best pics.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Besides the checkered grips, what makes in an "Evil Roy"?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Besides the checkered grips, what makes in an "Evil Roy"?
View Quote

The Evil Roy version of the Cimarron Model ‘P’ features a wide square notch rear and wide constant width front sight, slim grips hand checkered European walnut, an action tuned in the U.S. by a skilled gunsmith complete with lightened trigger and hammer springs, no creep trigger pull, and improved internals for reliability.” “Wicked Felina, Holy Terror and I have many thousands of cycles of dry and live fire through our prototypes with no failures. Our guns have been subject to more use in one year than the average shooter will have in a lifetime.” - Evil Roy -

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cartridge-revolvers/evil-roy-competition.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7dIg8-fKsk
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Amazing pics as usual and a sexy single action.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
How do you tHink it Compares to tHe El Patron?

My keyboard is fuCky today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How do you tHink it Compares to tHe El Patron?

My keyboard is fuCky today.
View Quote

The action is similar, and the grips.. past that ill take the evil roy over it. The evil roy feels more like a colt in terms of weight, and i like the sight modification as well as the slightly narrower grip. Also, from what ive seen compare the finish / case hardening with an el patron..:

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful color case hardening.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Been thinking about getting one for a while now; net time I'm home I'll probably grab one.  Heresy I know but I think I may get the .357 version.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been thinking about getting one for a while now; net time I'm home I'll probably grab one.  Heresy I know but I think I may get the .357 version.
View Quote

Thats understandable.. but if you think 45 c is expense.. LAX ammo has it for cheap as does Selway armory ($22 per 50 rds)
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice gun, I love my Evil Roy, it's a smooth shooter.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:...Heresy I know but I think I may get the .357 version.
View Quote

If you haven't used one before, be sure to try one before you buy it. I ordered a Vaquero in .357 sight unseen simply because my main woods carbine at the time was in .357, but never liked it; the balance was just wrong on it. There's a lot more steel remaining in both the barrel and the cylinder with 357 than there is with 44 or 45, and even on the short 4 5/8" gun I had, it made a huge difference in handling. It was so front-heavy I ended up selling it soon after.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Outstanding. I picked up a Cimmaron Uberti today and am very pleased.....blued with case hardened frame.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a Cimarron not long ago and was impressed with it ----   Im just betting the Evil Roy is more of a good thing  ----    always like the great pics Spaxspore
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you haven't used one before, be sure to try one before you buy it. I ordered a Vaquero in .357 sight unseen simply because my main woods carbine at the time was in .357, but never liked it; the balance was just wrong on it. There's a lot more steel remaining in both the barrel and the cylinder with 357 than there is with 44 or 45, and even on the short 4 5/8" gun I had, it made a huge difference in handling. It was so front-heavy I ended up selling it soon after.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...Heresy I know but I think I may get the .357 version.

Yeah I've handled both but haven't shot either; I've shot real Colt's in both calibers (and a few others) and can see what you mean.  I own a convertible Blackhawk in .45 that I occasionally reload for but most of my revolvers are .38/.357 as are two of my lever actions.  I ought to do the ARFCOM thing and just buy both.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]

For some reason, when it comes to Colt SAA revolvers (and replicas), I feel that a gun in .45 Colt should have the 5-1/2" barrel, and the 4-5/8" barrel guns should be in .44-40.

Just how I feel - can't rationalize it...
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Beautiful revolver.

If I lived where I could walk out the back door and shoot I'd have a couple of them, just for fun and shooting/plinking.  It would be expensive.  Buying all that lead and casting all those bullets, but it would be fun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#18]
lax ammo has 250rds of 45c for slightly over 100$
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Unbelievable pics and gun as usual.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd like to see a Bisley "Evil Roy" in .357

Love the color case hardening on yours.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#21]
That's a beautiful revolver and the pictures certainly do her justice.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Beautiful!
I think I just found my "Grail Gun" !
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice looking gun.  Evil Roy is a SAA icon so I have no doubt it's a sweet shooter.  I only buy American made "American Old West" guns so I won't be buying but it's definitely a nice gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I have the .44-40 ER.  Very well done single-action, and as cheap as a Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have the .44-40 ER.  Very well done single-action, and as cheap as a Ruger.
View Quote

I just dig forged stuff over IC.. thats just a personal preference. Ive owned both.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Was at the "Candy Store" yesterday.

Well sir, there she was . A sight to behold.

Long story short, I bought  one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

post it :)
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A quickie

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A quickie

http://i62.tinypic.com/27y5nbp.jpg

nice!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been looking at the Evil Roy as well as the premium models from Cimarron and Taylor. I understand the functional differences, trigger pull, springs, etc., but I'm wondering if theses models are any more accurate? Anyone shoot theirs in this regard?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the Evil Roy as well as the premium models from Cimarron and Taylor. I understand the functional differences, trigger pull, springs, etc., but I'm wondering if theses models are any more accurate? Anyone shoot theirs in this regard?
View Quote

this configuration is for CAS not necessarily for groups.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine's not especially accurate, maybe 3" at 25 yards.  But I haven't done any load development--I just shoot my cast boolits with Titegroup.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mine's not especially accurate, maybe 3" at 25 yards.  But I haven't done any load development--I just shoot my cast boolits with Titegroup.  
View Quote

Interesting. Lately I've been working ad naseam with a 4 3/4" Uberti Cattleman in 45 Colt. It is somewhat picky with regards to which loads it will shoot accurately, but occasionally I'll hit on one that works. Guess I'd be no better off with one of the upper echelon Uberti's.
 FWIW, it seems my Uberti's chambered in .44 Special aren't especially picky about the loads they shoot accurately.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 Interesting. Lately I've been working ad naseam with a 4 3/4" Uberti Cattleman in 45 Colt. It is somewhat picky with regards to which loads it will shoot accurately, but occasionally I'll hit on one that works. Guess I'd be no better off with one of the upper echelon Uberti's.

FWIW, it seems my Uberti's chambered in .44 Special aren't especially picky about the loads they shoot accurately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My theory is accuracy on these SA's is that accuracy is going to be more luck of the draw rather than the caliber or maker.  OP's 44-40 may be a great shooter where my identical piece isn't.  

My single actions that shoot well are the Ruger .44 Blackhawk 50th anniversary, the OM Ruger .41, a beat to shit Uberti SAA .45, and a long-gone .357 OM Ruger (I was desperate and sold it in 1991).  

Mine that don't shoot so well are the .357 50th, NM Single Six LR (mag cyl is good), NM Bearcat, Evil Roy 44-40, Flattop .44 OM that is gone, Super Blackhawk that is gone, and a OM Bearcat, also traded off years ago.  Maybe I have unrealistic expectations, but if I don't see a 1" group off sandbags--sooner or later with some load development, the pistol's gonna travel.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My theory is accuracy on these SA's is that accuracy is going to be more luck of the draw rather than the caliber or maker.  OP's 44-40 may be a great shooter where my identical piece isn't.  

My single actions that shoot well are the Ruger .44 Blackhawk 50th anniversary, the OM Ruger .41, a beat to shit Uberti SAA .45, and a long-gone .357 OM Ruger (I was desperate and sold it in 1991).  

Mine that don't shoot so well are the .357 50th, NM Single Six LR (mag cyl is good), NM Bearcat, Evil Roy 44-40, Flattop .44 OM that is gone, Super Blackhawk that is gone, and a OM Bearcat, also traded off years ago.  Maybe I have unrealistic expectations, but if I don't see a 1" group off sandbags--sooner or later with some load development, the pistol's gonna travel.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started with a Flat Top Blackhawk .44 Special. It shoots so well at 50 and 100 yds. Next I got a couple of Uberti's; an older model  in 44-40 in which I fitted a new .44 Special cylinder, and a new (2012) Cimarron Model P. Both shoot WAY better than I expected with the Model P being just about as accurate as the Blackhawk.

The next addition was a New Vaquero in 45 Colt. I did everything imaginable to it in an attempt to make an accurate revolver out of it. Now, if I do everything just right, perfect grip, exact amount of pressure with the fingers on the grip, etc., it'll usually shoot pretty decent groups. Finally I ran across a used 4 3/4"  Cattleman in 45 Colt. It's been pretty frustrating and by far the hardest to shoot accurately.

Maybe I just got a couple of bad eggs in the 45 Colts....?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top