Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 7:24:08 AM EDT

Here is a new belt slide version I made for my Ruger. I thought I would try it and see how it carries on my gun belt. So far it carries well and has a proper balance and keeps the revolver grip close in and tucks very well. The trouble with other belt slides I have used in the past have been when the belt slots get stretched over time and fit loose. So recently I've started to sew in belt slot plates made from stainless steel between the leather pieces which will never allow the leather to deform over time. The steel plates keep the holster tight to me and eliminates the holster stretch and sagging over time.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks real good! You have some mad skills!!!!!
Do you do other leather work besides holsters?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the compliment, though I'm not at the level of others, I try to get better. I only do holsters though.

View Quote

Quoted:

Thanks for the compliment, though I'm not at the level of others, I try to get better. I only do holsters though.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
How about more pics showing the retention and the back?  I like the design and am curious how it all fits together.

Great work by the way!
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How about more pics showing the retention and the back?  I like the design and am curious how it all fits together.

Great work by the way!
View Quote

OK, I knew I would have to post the "Ugly" side..... But you can see how the belt slide is sewn to the holster. Now I'm going to cover up the ugly with another piece to "hide" the ugly. LOL!

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OK, I knew I would have to post the "Ugly" side..... But you can see how the belt slide is sewn to the holster. Now I'm going to cover up the ugly with another piece to "hide" the ugly. LOL!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11695973_926081567450767_8111101585736288828_n.jpg?oh=032252b74f4e2d08c74d7200535a5163&oe=564F3216Quoted:

Great work by the way!

Hahah, not to bad though.  Have seen worse from so called "professionals".  Did you do anything to the inside of the leather on the holster?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice work!  You are gonna need a stout belt for that heavy bitch.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks pretty good to me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]

I have a heavy quality leather belts to hold these revolvers, been doing so for decades. Anyway here is the backside with the scrap leather covering up the horrible stitching.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#9]
That is some nice work for sure.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is some nice work for sure.
View Quote

Agreed.

I have a couple of Ruger Vaqueros that need "clothes"...and they're almost as much as the guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top