Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:21:22 PM EDT
S&W 625-2 in .45acp for a Ruger Speed Six in 9mm.

I know, they are complete opposite ends of the spectrum, from size to caliber.  Is this a good idea or should I be fitting myself for a straitjacket and a trip to the looney bin?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I expect some cash to be in the box with the Ruger!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it is a good trade.

Go look at the prices of early Ruger 9mm revolvers. I know for a fact that SP101s sell for around 900 dollars, and I've seen them peak around 1250, mint with box and all accessories.

The 625 is a production gun, many many more of them made than the Speed Six. I would jump all over the Speed Six if I were you.

If you don't get it, can you send me a link? I'm interested, it'll pair nicely with little brother SP101 in 9mm that I have.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Speed Sixes in any caliber are now a cult item and priced accordingly.  The nines are especially scarce.   The 625 is a nice piece. but there are a whole lot more 625's in circulation than 9mm Speed Sixes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
There are two 9mm SS's on GB right now.  About a grand apiece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top