Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Fixed or adjustable sights?
View Quote

What are you going to do with it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot some competition with it and use it for personal defense.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched a guy bobble and drop an adjustable sight GP once, sheared the back of the sight clean off. Now it's not fair to assume the gun is delicate or something, it was purely the person's fault who was handling it, but I cant get it out of my head. The fixed sight is a Novak style dove tail, which I will guess leaves open the option for changing them later if so desired. Really it comes to preference. Having Novaks on a revolver, not long ago that was custom stuff to even think about. Going past 40, my days of looking down a grooved top strap are closing anyway.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Adjustable.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot some competition with it and use it for personal defense.
View Quote

Given this application I would suggest the fixed sights.  Assuming IDPA competition, targets are relatively close and most personal defense situation are even closer.  Fixed sights are more robust and less likely to snag on something.  My IDPA revolver is an old S&W Model 10 heavy barrel with fixed sights.  I also carry that same revolver as a my tractor gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top