Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:43:35 PM EDT
Any feedback on these? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have always wanted a 9 MM revolver and have considered buying one several times but haven't.  The link is to one of the best threads on 9 MM revolvers I've seem on ARF.COM.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_26/124217_9mm_Taurus_905_review_and_range_Chronograph_report.html
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The one I have is a sweetheart. I don't shoot it anymore because I can't stand moon clips. It shoots great and is very accurate the only down side to me is those moon clips. I just cant get on the good side of loading a revolver that way. If I had give this a little more thought I probably would have never bought it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I am looking at it for the truck gun that's it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an SP101 in 9mm. I got a smoking deal on it, and carried it for quite some time.

The one thing that I will say about a 9mm revolver, it is quite snappy with full-tilt defensive loads.

Even in the heavy framed SP101, it is not something that is enjoyable to shoot. Now granted, I have boot grips on it, so Hogues may help (I have a set actually, I just never put them on).

That being said, it was my EDC for a long time, and I loved it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 9mm revolver.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I like it well enough.  I did have some light strike FTF in the first couple hundred rounds and a couple cylinder lockups too.  Those problems seem to have gone away.  Probably just manufacturing mismatches that needed to wear in?  Moon clips are a little annoying, I spend time adjusting the tension on them and they're still never quite right.  Still, the ability to have a common caliber across my AR, semi-auto, and revolver makes it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I am going to pass on buying one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
the new Ruger 9mm dosen't need moon clips;

I'd consider one & dump my .38 snubby,,,,if it shoots good,,,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top