Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
Please post photos.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Without a doubt the TRR8 my favorite 357 mag to date.....

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are pretty cool. I like the TRR8.  I remember it when it first came out and held one in my hands. Definitely an attention getter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Both of the ones posted are top contenders.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If your are going to shoot it alot (as you should) then I would say the 627 PC (5 inch barrel).  The extra weight makes shooting even stout 357 magnum loads very comfortable.  I love mine.  Shoot it primarily in USPSA matches in either Revolver or Production division so it gets a steady diet of 38 Short Colt loaded hot (mild compared to 357 Mag).

Here's my 627PC with a TRR8 I borrowed as a backup when I went to the USPSA Revolver Nationals last year.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I am mainly a 44 caliber fan but I have a couple 357 mags  another option I like is my Talo 686+ 7 shot....It is a sweet shooter and has a very nice trigger as well and would make a great carry gun...

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Did some research, looks like a 3'' 7 shot 686 is the way to go, found one for 715 shipped + my 25 transfer. Is that a decent price?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did some research, looks like a 3'' 7 shot 686 is the way to go, found one for 715 shipped + my 25 transfer. Is that a decent price?
View Quote

Price seems OK, 3" guns are harder to find it seems.

What are you going to use the gun for?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
99.999% As a range//fondling/ogling gun hopefully I'll never have to use it for hd. I already have a couple ar's and a g19. I really like the idea of a gun that can shoot multiple calibers, plus look at it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
99.999% As a range//fondling/ogling gun hopefully I'll never have to use it for hd. I already have a couple ar's and a g19. I really like the idea of a gun that can shoot multiple calibers, plus look at it.
View Quote

If is a range gun I would suggest going with a longer barrel.  I love my 5 and 6.5 inch N-frames.  Even a four inch in pretty nice.  Longer is heavier for managing recoil and has a greater sight radius that aid with sight picture.  IMHO 3 inches and shorter the revolver is becoming more of a carry gun and less of a shooter.  BUT if it more about fondling/ogling than get what ever tickles you fancy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
If I could afford it, I would have this sweetheart to go with my S&W 629 V-Comp .44 magnum.  The V-Comp revolvers are really sweet shooters, fantastic Performance Center action jobs and the trigger is muey bueno.

S&W 627 V-Comp .357 magnum...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If is a range gun I would suggest going with a longer barrel.  I love my 5 and 6.5 inch N-frames.  Even a four inch in pretty nice.  Longer is heavier for managing recoil and has a greater sight radius that aid with sight picture.  IMHO 3 inches and shorter the revolver is becoming more of a carry gun and less of a shooter.  BUT if it more about fondling/ogling than get what ever tickles you fancy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, maybe I would carry it, might be a good travel gun given the lower capacity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Nutnfancy did a video on the TRR8 not too long ago. It was a good look at the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top