Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 10:50:06 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLhiDlcktdY

What a classic revolver.  Do people even use dump pouches for this weapon anymore?  I haven't seen any in gunstores, ever.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't get the video to work, even removing the "s".

Hope to track down a nice Model 19 some day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
That video (and ch2) made we want and go out and find a model 19.

i got lucky and snagged mine w/ target hammer, trigger and sights from a one owner who bought it brand new in the mid 70s.

The only thing it was lacking was target grips.. he had some mono-rubber hogues on it.

Its one of my favorites-

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Would love to find a nice 4" S&W 19.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The K frame is just the right size for the 357 Magnum.

Dump pouches are OK if you are not in a rush to reload.   Add a Speed Strip and it is a bit faster.   Speedloaders are best.  

When I was BP we had to use loops.   Loading is fairly quick 2 at a time and with a lot of practice.   I carried a speedloader in my pocket and a few speed strips for my issue M66 4 inch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just always wanted to try dump pouches.  Now that they are incredibly obsolete, I'll probably never even find one.

I went with speed loaders, external loops.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just always wanted to try dump pouches.  Now that they are incredibly obsolete, I'll probably never even find one.

I went with speed loaders, external loops.
View Quote

Check out the used stuff at the gun shows.    There are also some pouches for speed strips available.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my old 4" 19-4

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a pair of Model 19s.

A 2.5" gun and a 4" one that was a gift from my father.

Great little guns, even though I am primarily a .44 shooter. Great small game gun for sure, and very pleasant to target shoot with.

In regards to Hickock .45. He seems to be quite knowledgeable, and a gifted shooter, but his videos ramble on way too much for me. Most of his 15 minute videos could be condensed into 5 minute versions. The rambling on is why I tend not to watch his stuff.

That said, he seems like a decent, down to earth guy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Makes me wish I never sold my 19 back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Just as an FYI for shooters in the lead free bullet era which is fast approaching:
I found that the 80 grain copper monolith hollow points sold by the C.O.P. company shoot exactly to point of aim in my 4" Model 19, reloaded in .38 Special cases with a healthy dose of Unique.  Same reloaded cartridges shoot great in My '94 Winchester, exactly to point of aim, too.

They are comparable in length to generic 9mm 115grain lead core copper jacketed stuff.  Their diameter is several thousandths smaller than what we are used to in conventional slugs, but this doesn't seem to hurt the accuracy, at all.  They are weirdly accurate, if somewhat "undersized".

Wish they would send me huge checks for saying good things about their reloading components  The lead free era is almost upon California hunters, and so hunters need to start reviewing their lead free options.  Get ahead of the curve instead of playing catch up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought this one a couple of years ago, still haven't shot it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top