Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2015 10:50:05 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? I saw them advertised online, ans I was wondering about the quality? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
i like uberti over pietta
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Uberti is the better of the two mechanically.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one
the little dove tail lock, whatever you call it for the ball press lever on the barrel came loose brand new never used
so I jb welded it and held up fine

just something to mess around with and have fun shooting
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Good Ol' West. by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure how true that is anymore.

I bought a Pietta several months ago and it was very nice. Handled a few others at the time and they all had a nice solid feel to them. Fit and finish was on par with the couple of Uberti's I've owned.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I bought a Pietta several months ago and it was very nice. Handled a few others at the time and they all had a nice solid feel to them. Fit and finish was on par with the couple of Uberti's I've owned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Judging by the ones I've handled I think Uberti is still better, but Pietta has come a long ways.  I had a Pietta 1851 cap & ball when I was a teenager back in the deep dark days of the 90's, and frankly it was pretty crappy.  Bad fit & finish, parts broke regularly, etc.  The one I have now is pretty darn nice.  Pretty decent wood, metal finish is pretty good (although I refinished it after draw filing the barrel to remove the reproduction marks ) and the trigger is fantastic.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
i like the markings, and the look of a uberti over pietta. The quality is very impressive

But as they say :the proof is in the pudding:

See what i mean?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]

I like that 1873 Winchester clone. Would love one in .32-20 to go along with a S&W Hand Ejector in the same caliber.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I like that 1873 Winchester clone. Would love one in .32-20 to go along with a S&W Hand Ejector in the same caliber.
View All Quotes

That one is in 44-40, the 1866 is in .45lc, the 1873 cattleman - colt clone is in .357
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have one Pietta/Cimmaron 1873 and the finish is better than my Uberties'. I really like Uberti too so its not a fanboy thing. I don't have a problem with either one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Spaxspore where did you get the knife?? nice guns!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

track of the wolf. Hand made in the usa.. cheap to - $35-45
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been pretty happy with my Pietta blackpowder 1851 Navy and 1858 Remington. If you can pick up the Pietta for under $400, it would be worth the money. BUT, beware that most true 1873 copies with flat springs (unlike Rugers) will probably bust a spring occasionally. But the replacement parts are available and the 1873 is a very user friendly design to repair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top