Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:43:17 PM EDT

"France's elite counter-terrorism teams are some of the finest in the world and have proven their abilities and bravery over decades of dangerous operations. Most notable of these teams is the legendary Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale which, along with its French National Police counterparts, saw action this week during the tragic terror events around Paris."
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if this is the same group you're speaking of but the officers in this video sure looks like a cluster fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCvq1ltRIM
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
How do they see anything through those face shields?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
That is some MR 73 goodness
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Fingers too close to the cylinder!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manurhin_MR_73#
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
GIGN has been very successful over the years. They know what their revolvers can do and don't care about anyone on the internet's opinion.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure if this is the same group you're speaking of but the officers in this video sure looks like a cluster fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCvq1ltRIM
View Quote

Looks like that cluster fuck wasn't taking prisoners.  

Literally.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is not.

Only if it was a Chiappa Rhino.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You gotta' love these forums!  A couple of BOOBS on the other end of a keyboard casting dispersions at an Elite International Counterterrorism Unit!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is some MR 73 goodness
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Now would be a great time to post a pic of the french SF with the silenced Ruger revolver with tripod and 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is a very specialized world out there, guns and shooting is only a small aspect of law enforcement. I make a good living using a computer but I am sure that many ( especially  young)  people can type faster and can navigate around the internet and MS Office faster than me. I don't love the computer, it is just a tool for my job.

I love guns and shooting and set high standards for myself.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Great revolvers and the .357 magnum is still quite effective on unarmored two legged vermin.  If the guy is proficient with his weapon who cares what he carries- I'm just glad they killed the bad guys.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the best groups in the world killing baddies with MR-73s in .357 Magnum goodness.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, it is a .357 magnum, and they don't shoot .38's from it. IIRC some of their final testing is deliberately getting shot with a .357 in their armored chest and continuing a mission successfully. we just pepper spray our guys here and then have them beat and cuff a guy, there they get shot and keep going. granted they are French so they will sit still and get flanked...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Great revolvers and the .357 magnum is still quite effective on unarmored two legged vermin.  If the guy is proficient with his weapon who cares what he carries- I'm just glad they killed the bad guys.
View Quote

I'm not.

I wish they'd been caught alive and had to stand trial.  I then wish the judge had sentenced them to be submerged in liquid pig fat until they were dead.  Then encase the criminal, pig fat container and all, in a block of concrete and drop them in the Laurentian Abyssal, Challenger Deep, or other inaccessibly deep place.

They wanted to be martyred, and they got what they wanted.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Sooooooo, the big question is, are the MR 73's any good?  I thought it looked a lot like a Smith, but wasn't sure.  I don't think I've ever seen one of these before now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sooooooo, the big question is, are the MR 73's any good?  I thought it looked a lot like a Smith, but wasn't sure.  I don't think I've ever seen one of these before now.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very good.  Very hard to find.  Very expensive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Cold Hammer Forged barrel and rated for a very long service life on a diet of .357 Magnum. The MR-73 is a great wheel gun and gives a S&W a good run for it's money.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Other than the reloading speed a full power .357 is no fucking joke at handgun distances and will make large painful holes in jihadist.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not.

I wish they'd been caught alive and had to stand trial.  I then wish the judge had sentenced them to be submerged in liquid pig fat until they were dead.  Then encase the criminal, pig fat container and all, in a block of concrete and drop them in the Laurentian Abyssal, Challenger Deep, or other inaccessibly deep place.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not.

Except that it's France so you know that wouldn't have happened, the trial would have taken a while and they would just end up in prison so it's better they just gotvrid of them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Frame looks like a Ruger Security Six, there is a MR-73 on GB for $900.00
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to know, what is this gun. From the video at about 1:02

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/jfANhKJ.jpg
View Quote

One of the nicer SMGs in the world.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Beretta M12

http://www.l-team.idv.tw/lteam/gun/GUNPHOTO/Beretta%20M12.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/jfANhKJ.jpg

Beretta M12

http://www.l-team.idv.tw/lteam/gun/GUNPHOTO/Beretta%20M12.jpg

Definitely seems to mean business, especially in that mans hands. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#28]
So the french actually make a decent weapon.  I didn't realize that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
They make very nice guns. They also weree ahead of the curve for a very long time in military arms.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#30]
That looks like (yea.. from that blurry photo) it could be a Beretta M12. Gonna be kinda hard to get that here. Some fuddies frown on full auto stuff getting imported for free peoples' use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
If that was Jerry Miculek I guess you'd have nothing to say- and that dude in the pic might very well be the french version- So really you shouldn't have anything to say anyway.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#32]
They also come with 9mm Cylinders and can fire .38 Super with moon clips.

Also Manhurin produced a modified Ruger Security Six/GP100 design.

The MR-88

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beretta M12

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Maybe they've got better qc than the current smith's.     It looks really really nice.  That's some nice bluing.   Looks a lot like a Smith, IMHO.  And the stamp looks like a Taurus from a distance.  LOL.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Maybe they've got better qc than the current smith's.     It looks really really nice.  That's some nice bluing.   Looks a lot like a Smith, IMHO.  And the stamp looks like a Taurus from a distance.  LOL.
View All Quotes
Cold hammer fordged barrels for one thing.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And at least 12 hours of hand fitting per revolver. The steel used on the frame and barrel is forged ordnance steel. The MR 73 is based on an early S&W design, the MR 88 is a joint venture between Manurhin and Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
If they are sticking with revolvers versus some wunderauto I am sure there is a reason and they are very proficient with them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
No one dropped the revolver because they sucked.

Its just that reloading thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
This guy would probably approve of the French choice of firearms:
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They make very nice guns. They also weree ahead of the curve for a very long time in military arms.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something of a mixed bag. Their 1886 Lebel lead the way but quickly was passed up. They tried to gain an edge again on the eve of WW1 with a semiautio rifle, but the war interviened. They were developing a semiauto in the post WW1 years more or less at the same pace as the US, but failed to commit to what they had, waiting for new design developments, and ended up going to war with a bolt gun while the US fielded a Garand. They could have gone to war with something similar to the MAS 49 semi rifle, but then the Germans would have just ended up with them in any case.

They were not really leading the way post 1888. Their research on the eve of WW1 and between the wars may have been some of the most advanced, but it failed to produce.

Now that said, the MAS 36 is a fine strong bolt action and the MAS 49/56 was a good match for the Garand / M14 developments.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#41]
While the Steyr AUG was adopted in 1977, the French FAMAS was adopted a year later in 78'.  The French were testing the FAMAS design as early as 1967.  Those were the first two successful Bullpup designs to be adopted.

CD
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
While the Steyr AUG was adopted in 1977, the French FAMAS was adopted a year later in 78'.  The French were testing the FAMAS design as early as 1967.  Those were the first two successful Bullpup designs to be adopted.

CD
View Quote

And it looks as though France is going to replace the FAMAS with an updated AUG varient.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#43]
And then there was the french guy that finished designing the HiPower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Now would be a great time to post a pic of the french SF with the silenced Ruger revolver with tripod and 16" barrel.
View Quote

If you are talking about the Knights R2 suppressed rifle...

that thing is no fucking joke.   One of the most effective suppressed 30 cal forearms ever made and a hell of a feat considering it is 20+year old tech.   30 cal bullets fired from a sleeved 44mag casing.  Db rating of fired rounds is within 3 db of the thing being dry fired if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I wonder why they are using revolvers vs autos?  There has to be some reason...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

A 357 hit will take all the fight out of a bad guy!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because they fucking work. A MR-73 is a deadly piece of steel and will fuck shit up, especially when GIGN is wielding it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because they fucking work. A MR-73 is a deadly piece of steel and will fuck shit up, especially when GIGN is wielding it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only negative for revolvers for the average person is reloading it. A pro with a speed loader can reload as fast as any auto.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And then there was the french guy that finished designing the HiPower.
View Quote

It was designed to meet a French service pistol requirement.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The only negative for revolvers for the average person is reloading it. A pro with a speed loader can reload as fast as any auto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, no. And you have to reload more often as well.

That said, the majority of the time 6 shots will work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top