Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I kind of went of on a rant.  I am just so disappointed with this gun.  I know a "Good" 625 is a sweet gun. That is why I wanted one.  I searched and looked at different ones for a while. I bought the PC so I would not have to go thru all this kind of aggravation.  I love my other S&W revolvers.  I will buy more S&Ws ,but not a new one. Defiantly not one from the PC.   My advise is just buy a regular 625 or one of the JM models and send it to a GOOD revolver smith.   I will get this gun working right , but it will cost me time and money.

S&Ws attitude is just aggravating. Its your ammo its your moon clips its everything but their gun. Search the web and you will find lots of people that have had problems with 625s.  Go on the S&W forums and tell your story and you get flamed. I have talked with a few gunsmiths both well known and others not so much 9 out of 10 say the are bad out of the box and need work. Why does Cyl and Slide make a longer firing pin?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry I kind of went of on a rant.  I am just so disappointed with this gun.  I know a "Good" 625 is a sweet gun. That is why I wanted one.  I searched and looked at different ones for a while. I bought the PC so I would not have to go thru all this kind of aggravation.  I love my other S&W revolvers.  I will buy more S&Ws ,but not a new one. Defiantly not one from the PC.   My advise is just buy a regular 625 or one of the JM models and send it to a GOOD revolver smith.   I will get this gun working right , but it will cost me time and money.

S&Ws attitude is just aggravating. Its your ammo its your moon clips its everything but their gun. Search the web and you will find lots of people that have had problems with 625s.  Go on the S&W forums and tell your story and you get flamed. I have talked with a few gunsmiths both well known and others not so much 9 out of 10 say the are bad out of the box and need work. Why does Cyl and Slide make a longer firing pin?
View Quote

I don't know about that... I'm a member.over at Smith-wessonforum.com and there is a growing segment of the membership that is really starting to dislike the current Smith & Wesson Inc. They're all dissatisfied with the current quality coming out and want older products like 3rd Gen Series Autos and Pre Lock or even early Lock Wheel Guns.

The posts about bad QC is on the rise there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted my story on the S&W forum and I got a lot of attitude. One person told me I should say nothing until I got it back.  I said the hell with it and don't post there any more.  I like S&W products. I own 6 revolvers and a 41 and 5906.   Just disappointed in the latest.  Talking and reading it seems like a lot of problems with later production products. I will just stay with older models.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What a shame to hear. Hopefully they get back on track.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
my k-frame is great

and model 327 2inch despite the strange scadnium creature that it is is holding up well

both are fairly recent guns to
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The issue is when they replace a firearm, it has a different s/n.  Required to be shipped to FFL for transfer.  No s/n change, manufacturer can send directly back to owner.
View Quote

I don't know about today but years ago I had a ruger 10/22 receiver crack and they replaced it for me. Beretta did the same for a 25 auto. Both were shipped direct to me with proper paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In defense of S&W their warranty is top notch . They replaced 2 revolvers for me . The second one was a replacement for the first one they replaced . It was bad too but now the 3rd one works and looks great .
View Quote
That is, until they decide to no longer carry parts for your pistol, as the owners of 3rd gen autos are finding. So much for their much hyped so-called "lifetime warranty"

The more research I do, the more "new" pistols I look at the more disgusted I am getting with S&W. Sad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That is, until they decide to no longer carry parts for your pistol, as the owners of 3rd gen autos are finding. So much for their much hyped so-called "lifetime warranty"  
The more research I do, the more "new" pistols I look at the more disgusted I am getting with S&W. Sad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In defense of S&W their warranty is top notch . They replaced 2 revolvers for me . The second one was a replacement for the first one they replaced . It was bad too but now the 3rd one works and looks great .

Still waiting to hear from S&W on their Industry side...

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That is, until they decide to no longer carry parts for your pistol, as the owners of 3rd gen autos are finding. So much for their much hyped so-called "lifetime warranty"   The more research I do, the more "new" pistols I look at the more disgusted I am getting with S&W. Sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is, until they decide to no longer carry parts for your pistol, as the owners of 3rd gen autos are finding. So much for their much hyped so-called "lifetime warranty"   The more research I do, the more "new" pistols I look at the more disgusted I am getting with S&W. Sad.

Its no different than any other manufacturer that discontinues a model be it a Colt Python , King Cobra, Trooper, etc.  FN / FNP series , Winchester rifles, Ruger AC folding stocks etc.
As long as the parent manufacturer / company is still in business most reputable companies will support or replace their products when possible.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its no different than any other manufacturer that discontinues a model be it a Colt Python , King Cobra, Trooper, etc.  FN / FNP series , Winchester rifles, Ruger AC folding stocks etc.

As long as the parent manufacturer / company is still in business most reputable companies will support or replace their products when possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except, you know, for the lifetime warranty

Or does this mean something different once the manufacturer decides to no longer make a pistol? Lets remember, S&W stopped making the gen 3 pistols only three years ago. They've had this policy since 1989 IIRC.

1. Lifetime Service Policy

We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Except, you know, for the lifetime warranty   Or does this mean something different once the manufacturer decides to no longer make a pistol? Lets remember, S&W stopped making the gen 3 pistols only three years ago. They've had this policy since 1989 IIRC.

We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except, you know, for the lifetime warranty   Or does this mean something different once the manufacturer decides to no longer make a pistol? Lets remember, S&W stopped making the gen 3 pistols only three years ago. They've had this policy since 1989 IIRC.

A call or email to S&W would be more effective than guessing .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top