Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2014 12:53:58 PM EDT
I have a post 1973 Single Six and I have lost the cylinder that just shoots .22LR and I am looking to replace it, where might be the best place to go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them on gun shows
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
EBAY might also have some.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I just searched EBAY and found three cylinders.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/681957/story-8-round-replacement-cylinder-ruger-single-six-22-long-rifle-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

This
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/681957/story-8-round-replacement-cylinder-ruger-single-six-22-long-rifle-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

This
View Quote

Was wondering about these, how well do they work? seems like adding two more chambers would screw with timing?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Was wondering about these, how well do they work? seems like adding two more chambers would screw with timing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

6 reviews for the .22 LR on Midways site, with a 4.8 rating, the .22 Mag cylinder has 5 reviews and all of them are 5 stars.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Can ruger not fit a new one? There is enough critical fit stuff on a revolver I don't know if I'd mix and match
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
call up Ruger, they should be able to send you a new cylinder
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Ruger holds true to form, they'll tell him he has to send it in to be "factory fitted."  There is some stuff they won't sell.

I've always wanted a spur hammer for my 2" DAO SP101 so I could have the option of going back and forth, but alas they will not sell me one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If Ruger holds true to form, they'll tell him he has to send it in to be "factory fitted."  There is some stuff they won't sell.

I've always wanted a spur hammer for my 2" DAO SP101 so I could have the option of going back and forth, but alas they will not sell me one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

could you take out the current hammer, and then send the gun in for a new hammer?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep an eye on Numrich for them to get back in stock:

Link

ETA:

Also looks like Gunbroker has a few.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Ebay is another source.  I got a 45 ACP cylinder for a 45 Colt Vaquero I own there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ebay is another source.  I got a 45 ACP cylinder for a 45 Colt Vaquero I own there.
View Quote

Wait...
Seriously, how does that work?  Do you have to remove the cylinder to reload with moon clips?

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wait...
Seriously, how does that work?  Do you have to remove the cylinder to reload with moon clips?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

Headspaces off the case mouth no clips needs. Since the ejector pushes inside the case it is not needed like on a normal DA revolver.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Headspaces off the case mouth no clips needs. Since the ejector pushes inside the case it is not needed like on a normal DA revolver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

+1. Loads and ejects just like the 45 Colt rounds.   Probably the best thing I have ever purchased.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1. Loads and ejects just like the 45 Colt rounds.   Probably the best thing I have ever purchased.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

Pretty cool, didn't think of that. Thanks for the skoolin'!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top