Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 2:25:45 PM EDT
I picked this S&W 10-7 RHKP revolver up this morning at the flea market. It was made around 1985 and is in decent shape. I've got $120.00 in it.

These were on the market 10 years ago or so when the RHKP returned a bunch to S&W in a trade-in deal. I guess that's why they did not need import markings as they were returned. They sent some back in like new or very lightly used condition.

I like the round lanyard loop. Looks very "British".

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A smith for $120 is good all day long.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice revolver and great price...
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well let a guy know if you wanna double your investment
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
For that price I would buy a pile of them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For that price I would buy a pile of them.
View Quote

This.  Why can't I ever find good deals like this?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh my that is nice.  Resembles a victory model.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Great price and a cool lineage.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Virginia and never find anything like that
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow- I'd love to find one and that price is a steal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

About ten or so years ago some outfit in Ohio bought the RHKP trade-ins from S&W. If memory serves they were not selling at the shows for much more than what I paid.

Sadly like so many folks at the time  I figured who needed another non-pinned pencil-barreled Model 10.

Glad I got a second chance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
What flea market did you find it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Open the cylinder and look at the base of the barrel by the frame.  You may find import mark in very small letters.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Open the cylinder and look at the base of the barrel by the frame.  You may find import mark in very small letters.
View Quote

Nothing there. Nothing under the stocks either.

From what I've read over on the S&W forum since the revolvers were traded-in directly to S&W they did not need to be import marked. When S&W wholesaled them to the outfit in OH they would not have had a reason to stamp them either.

That said the RHKP surplused off a lot of Colt Police Positives, older Model 10s, and Webley/Enfield-type revolvers that came in through CAI and other importers that were import marked.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]
At that price I would have too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Beautiful. Classy. Sure wish I could find deals like that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice !
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

About ten or so years ago some outfit in Ohio bought the RHKP trade-ins from S&W. If memory serves they were not selling at the shows for much more than what I paid.

Sadly like so many folks at the time  I figured who needed another non-pinned pencil-barreled Model 10.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I passed on them at the time too and now I'm a much bigger fan of the pencil barreled .38s (not so much a fan of the heavy barreled versions).  I was smart enough to pick up several model 19s and a model 65, each less than $200, back when all the police revolvers were hitting the local cop shop gun store as trade ins.  I've sold off most of them to friends who wanted a reliable handgun.  Now I wish I'd bought a crate of them at those prices- and of course a couple of the model 10s.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Look under the barrel in the flat where the ejector rod fits.  One of the importers put a very discrete stamp there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A smith for $120 is good all day long.
View Quote

Indeed.  That beauty was practically stolen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
How do you sleep at night?    
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#21]
No import mark required.  Firearms returned to manufacturer are not imported.  I have one of the Buds round butt model 10s returned from Victoria, Australia police.  Same, no import stamp.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How do you sleep at night?    
View Quote

Probably like a baby full of satisfaction of knowing God is looking out for him.  

But I hear ya.   Although I did get a nice revolver given to me when my Step Dad passed, so I got nothing to be envious about.  Well, I don't usually get deals like that on the other guns I've bought though.  Usually it seems like everyone wants their weapons weight in gold.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I picked one of those up when they first came back.  Great gun, but not as nice an example as yours, and I paid more.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I picked one of those up when they first came back.  Great gun, but not as nice an example as yours, and I paid more.
View Quote

Do you recall what they were selling for at the shows and such back then? They were well under $200.00 at the shows if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#25]
If I remember right, I got mine right at the end of the availability bubble, and paid $230.  It doesn't have the RHKP stamp on the backstrap.  Instead it has a C&E stamp and ID# in the same font, standing for the Hong Kong police's Customs & Excise division.  My grips were rougher and there was some wear around the muzzle.  Grips are now ivorex.  Mechanically perfect.... sights right on the money....it groups like a target pistol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you recall what they were selling for at the shows and such back then? They were well under $200.00 at the shows if I recall correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I recall the Hong Kong guns were kind of high for the time.  $289 sticks in my head for some reason.  That was 15 years ago I think.  Today that's a $400 to $500 pistol.  I've been looking for a Hong Kong for a long time (I collect Model Tens) and I can't find one at a price I'm willing to pay.  The Hong Kong guns were one of the last of the big batches of Model Tens to hit the market.  Since then its been slim pickings.  The South Australian guns came and went very quick and most of those were in tough shape.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top