Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 3:49:07 PM EDT
I have just acquired a beautiful stainless Dan Wesson .44 Magnum revolver with a 4 inch barrel.

I've checked all the major manufactures for a holster that it fits, but have come up with squat. I really want to wear this piece during the upcoming deer gun season. Custom holsters won't be done in time, and at close to four pounds, pocket carry won't work.

Any holster recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Any leather Smith N-frame holster without a retention strap will work just fine.

The hammer shape on the Dan is a bit different than on a Smith, so most retention straps won't fit right.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the Galco D.A.O. Dual Action Outdoorsman
I got one with a Redhawk in trade and it fits my 3" N-Frames, a 4" N-Frame, 4" Python, 3.5" Vaquero and the Redhawk. You can go strongside or crossdraw with it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you gentlemen for the recommendations. I'll post a pic of the revolver shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top