Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 7:38:17 PM EDT
Unfired late 2nd Gen Colt ----- is now fired

It was driving me nuts not to --       What the hell, i lost more in depreciation the day i drove my last new truck home, -- and me and my future generations will enjoy this for a long time (well, at least i will )

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to see.
What the hell is an unfired gun good for?
Nothin
scruff
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to see.
Nothin
scruff
View Quote

Depends what it is.

In saying that i shot/shoot my NIB 1986 Colt SAA Generation 3.. as long as you don't mistreat them they will not wear fast.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Depends what it is.

In saying that i shot/shoot my NIB 1986 Colt SAA Generation 3.. as long as you don't mistreat them they will not wear fast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good to see.
Nothin
scruff

Depends what it is.

Now that i broke the seal ---- any other bruise/scratch/or gouge will have a story to tell ----- just like my leverguns
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Some thing to consider with colts a new in box saa runs about 1500. Hold on to it shoot it for twenty years and then sell and you will likely get 1500. I had second and third gens ( still have some) bought for around a grand and after a whe sold them and got more than I had in them. Resale value is always up there with ponys
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some thing to consider with colts a new in box saa runs about 1500. Hold on to it shoot it for twenty years and then sell and you will likely get 1500. I had second and third gens ( still have some) bought for around a grand and after a whe sold them and got more than I had in them. Resale value is always up there with ponys
View Quote

Very true.. keep the box and manual + docs in good condition if at all possible. Money in the bank.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Well done sir.  You make me proud!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]

clown
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't buy a gun unless I intended to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for you. Guns are made to be shot. Shoot it and don't abuse it and it will still hold most of its re-sale value. Besides, I NEVER believe a seller who tells me "it's never been shot"
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well done sir.  You make me proud!
View Quote

Thanks ! ---  I felt a little proud to shoot it !

What a cool experience to shoot a 43 y/o firearm for the first time ----  its a 1971 model, and so am I   ------  This is not my 1st experience with "virgin firearms" though  ---  

The reason i was hesitant to shoot was the hit i took on the rascal in the pic below ----- it also was NIB, but i took great delight in popping the cherry on it ---- that was in 2009   --- it was a $1500 gun in 2009 -- they are worth more now if in a NIB and unfired condition -- LOL  
  Still - another great Colt , and i likely wont be selling it , -----   but speculating value on these things sometimes plays tricks with your head

PS -- its a great shooter

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top