Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2014 2:42:33 PM EDT
Help me find a good one.

Ive tried a bunch.

Kramer horse hide pocket: Not bad but not great. expensive and bulky.

Uncle mikes pocket: In expensive, not bad actually.

Nemesis pocket: Too bulky for the front pocket of my jeans.

Unkle mikes plastic OWB paddle:  Huge! Noisy.

Fobus paddle: took the finish off the gun and hard to draw from.

Uncle mikes IWB: Cheap, falls apart with use, impossible to reholster.

Kramer horse hide cross draw: Doesnt conceal well under anything less than a jacket or heavy sweat shirt.

Desantis pancake OWB: Conceals great. But the high ride and forward cant puts the grip practically in my arm pit.

Renegade ankle holster: Love it if i'm wearing boots. but all the drawbacks of ankle carry.

El Paso Saddlery EZ carry IWB: Just got this one. its not bad. Not a huge fan of the metal belt clip. It does conceal well both strong side and appendix carry.

Thinking about trying a Bianchi Remedy next.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Bianchi 120 Covert for my 642.  It works well enough I haven't run out to find something better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
5 Shot Leather ankle rig

FIST Holsters 1-K appendix inside waist (jeans or workout shorts... won't matter the clip has a hook that works great

Raven Phantom OWB
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Alabama Holster......Although I have not tried one myself my Bro in law just ordered one for his SW Bodyguard. Heres the link,
......http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/front-pocket-holster/

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have THIS one. Great little holster.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Desantis Nemesis.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Galco summer comfort IWB. FTW.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I'll 2nd that (except RH)
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.alessigunholsters.com/alessi-holsters-deep-cover-holster-for-smith-wesson-guns/

I have been carrying J frames a long time and have tried alot of different holsters,Ten years ago I stumbled upon one of these and have not looked back since.

I never pocket carry anymore ,and with this holster I can carry AIWB or strongside,with or without a belt.
This holster goes on and comes off fast,rides deep,and reholstering is easy with the reinforced mouth.
This holster has a thin profile also due to the offset talon clip which holds even if wearing just a pair of gym shorts.

The problem with both the El Paso holster OP mentions and the Galco shown above is that they ride way to high,
And the clip/ loops are stacked right over the cylinder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top