Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 7:35:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
When are firearm companies gonna hire the talo design team to make their new release firearms? Everytime they bring out a strong design.

That would be awesome with a Wiley clapp gp100
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When are firearm companies gonna hire the talo design team to make their new release firearms? Everytime they bring out a strong design.

That would be awesome with a Wiley clapp gp100
View Quote

While bitchin'  ----  i keep wondering how many of us are ever going to get into situations that justify these guns   (knocked on our back with teeth and claws on top of us almost)

Doesnt matter  --- since i heard from another poster Ruger was re-introducing the Redhawk, -- i'll take a 4" one please   --  and if my tax refund is favorable, i'd also be considering one of these

Although i sounded a bit critical of a 44 mag snub, -- i think it actually is a lot more "streetable" than a short barreled 460 or 500

For the time being, i am good with this guy  --- its a Taurus (yeah i know) - but i've put it through its paces a bit, and its solid  ------  .44 Special snub that i have nicknamed affectionately the "Lil Bastard"  ---- hot Special loads let you know you are pulling the trigger on something substantial even if not a full magnum ---- not sure if i would want to shoot anything heavier too much unless the gun was also heavier

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd bet it's pretty potent just with specials. I'd want one if I had the bucks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Put a 3" barrel on it and I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm seriously considering selling my Alaskan to buy one of these. If only I could guarantee some kind of recoil taming grip.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I dig it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
A short barreled 44 mag with tiny wooden grips.  No. Bordering on hell no.  

No idea what market niche this is supposed to fill.  Maybe the "Let's let Mikey eat shoot it.  He'll shoot anything"  market.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Put a 3" barrel on it and I'd be interested.
View Quote

Me too. 3" barrels look cool on wheelies.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A short barreled 44 mag with tiny wooden grips.  No. Bordering on hell no.  

No idea what market niche this is supposed to fill.  Maybe the "Let's let Mikey eat shoot it.  He'll shoot anything"  market.
View Quote

The small grips may not be so bad
I have a 8" 629 and also a 3" lew Horton 629 . I shoot the full size with Houges rubber but the smaller one is a bit easier to shoot with smooth
rounded wood grips . You of course get some big recoil but its not the vicious type like a airweight 357 . The chunky weight of the 629 smooths it out more than you would think.
I have not shot one of these big Rugers in the short barrels but I believe they are quite a bit heavier than the S&W . Hand size and grip size will
result in different feel for different folks , shooting is the only fair test.

Full house 44mag loads will be some work at any rate but a medium handload about half way between factory 44sp and 44mag will give you good results on lots of game without so much fuss.

I have always claimed if you own a big bore revolver and don't reload you are missing out on half the fun
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn.

Would be a fantastic 44spl platform.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm seriously considering selling my Alaskan to buy one of these. If only I could guarantee some kind of recoil taming grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a standard red hawk grip? Ok maybe it's slightly melted down.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, as Jeff Quinn points out, it's a unique round butt design, shared by no other Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to have to have one of those.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Doooo it. I love my 3" 629 and will love it even more with softer grips
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#15]
It's an interesting looking gun. That being said, it will still require a belt holster for practical  packing. Due to this fact, I will stick with my 4" Redhawk in my Milt Sparks rig.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Would love one in 45LC!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope, as Jeff Quinn points out, it's a unique round butt design, shared by no other Ruger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be interested to see how close those grips match S&W K/L frame round butt grips.  Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Would love one in 45LC!
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Make it a 3" model in .45 Colt and I'm interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top