Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2014 4:13:23 PM EDT

Does anyone know where to get the factory rubber grips with those red wood inserts. Midwayusa is backordered and ebay people are trying to kill you for a set. Appreciate any help...

Thanks,

David

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Does anyone know where to get the factory rubber grips with those red wood inserts. Midwayusa is backordered and ebay people are trying to kill you for a set. Appreciate any help...

View Quote

Thanks,

David

If you're looking for full size grips. You are somewhat in luck. Lett Grips are out of business; thus Ruger isn't supplying their guns with them anymore.

Altamont Company is making Lett style grips for the GP100 and SP101. If you want the Compact GP100 grips you're out of luck on that. They even aren't making grips for that.

http://www.altamontco.com/experimental/products/pistol/ruger/#Ruger_gp100.php
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The Altamonts are nice. They are what Ruger put on the Wiley Clapps. As for the compacts I think they are worth the search. I love mine. JBT can also speak on the grip since he was lucky enough to find someone with a spare.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Altamonts are nice. They are what Ruger put on the Wiley Clapps. As for the compacts I think they are worth the search. I love mine. JBT can also speak on the grip since he was lucky enough to find someone with a spare.
View Quote

WORTH IT!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for help.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#5]
If they are for a GP100, pm me with your info and I'll send you a complete Ruger factory rubber grip with the red wood inserts, grip screw, disassembly pin and panel locator. Took it off my GP I bought in the 90's and long since sold the gun. Sounds like you'll get more use from them than just sitting in a drawer. Besides, never hurts to pay it forward now and again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they are for a GP100, pm me with your info and I'll send you a complete Ruger factory rubber grip with the red wood inserts, grip screw, disassembly pin and panel locator. Took it off my GP I bought in the 90's and long since sold the gun. Sounds like you'll get more use from them than just sitting in a drawer. Besides, never hurts to pay it forward now and again.
View Quote

Shooter, I would take advantage of this nice offer.  I have a 3" GP100 that came with the big Hogue grips and I really liked them but I bought a Wiley Clapp and gave my "standard" GP100 to my sister for her birthday, except she likes the old style GP100 grips with the inserts.  They are hard to find which is why, if you aren't specifically looking for the compact grips I'd take devinsdad up on his offer, heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, thanks for grips... sorry been away all week at hospital with father in law (micro valve surgery).
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]
This is why I like this place.  I have to remember that when I start readings posts that irritate me.  LOL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks,

David

View Quote

I love that gep

I cant believeRuger did away with them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I love that gep

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

David

I love that gep

Company that was contracted to make them is no longer in business.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

David

I love that gep

Yep. That's what I heard.

Try emailing Altamont about making the compacts. If enough people request them they will prolly make them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The grips on my .44 mag super red hawk were the exact same as those on my gp100.

So there's that too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you referring to what Ruger called their Goncalvo-Alves grips? I often wondered where they came up with the term.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The grips on my .44 mag super red hawk were the exact same as those on my gp100.

So there's that too.
View Quote

Yep, here's some Altamonts on my Alaskan.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top