Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 6:20:12 PM EDT
Well this SUCKS!!
I installed their duty/carry spring kit in my no lock 642 and the trigger hangs up 10-20 40% of the time. It hangs up on the last 1/8" and won't reset the trigger.
If you put a little pressure on it and let go it pops into place.
The kit was simple to install and I even lightly buffed the rebound slide with 600 grit.
I've reinstalled the factory springs and it worked 100% , reinstalled the kit and it did the same thing
Has anyone experienced this before?
I'm going to dry  fire it 1000 times tonight but it makes me a little nervous that it's hanging up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Spring kits in little guns are iffy.  Personally I've not had good luck and don't intend to buy them ever again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a little stubby hunk of wire spring in the back of the trigger that has to hook onto the groove at the base of the pawl(hand).  If you miss this, then the pawl flops around and doesn't always engage the cylinder ratchet.  Not sure if that's what's giving you problems.  Only other thing I can think of is the spring inside the rebound slide might be binding or hung up?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a little stubby hunk of wire spring in the back of the trigger that has to hook onto the groove at the base of the pawl(hand).  If you miss this, then the pawl flops around and doesn't always engage the cylinder ratchet.  Not sure if that's what's giving you problems.  Only other thing I can think of is the spring inside the rebound slide might be binding or hung up?
View Quote

Thanks I'll look at that.
I'm taking it back apart tomorrow evening and will try and get some pictures up, I hope I screwed up somewhere because It feels a much better with the kit, but reliability trumps all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top