BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Soooooooo. I see the GPs are as addictive as ARs????  I went through this with K Frames for a while....
View Quote

I told my self i would only get one. These Wiley Clapps are getting to me though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Just picked up a match champion.

What gear are you guys using to shoot at matches if you shoot there. I got a DeSantis holster, some hks loaders and also ordered some safariland comp iii loaders and a holder for them. Apparently I'll need to modify that a bit for IDPA. Shot it this weekend for the first time. About 50 rounds of 357. I will need some double action trigger time as my shooting wasn't quite up to far with my striker fired groupings.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet looking GP. Check out Garrett Industries for a holster.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Recently handled a new blue 6" at LGS, its been a while since I handled one.  It seemed lighter than I remember, did they change something or is it just my imagination?

They wanted $565 which I think is a good price.  Really getting more interested in revolvers.  A blued GP100 is something different, I think they have been in the catalog forever but 90% of all GP100s I had every seen over the last 20 years were usually stainless.

You only need so many plastic guns for the Apocalypse and they don't appreciate.  Steel guns are much more collectible.

Wish I had bought more pre lock smiths back when nobody cared, but they dried up around 8-10 years ago and you really need to pay for them these days.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Recently handled a new blue 6" at LGS, its been a while since I handled one.  It seemed lighter than I remember, did they change something or is it just my imagination?

They wanted $565 which I think is a good price.  Really getting more interested in revolvers.  A blued GP100 is something different, I think they have been in the catalog forever but 90% of all GP100s I had every seen over the last 20 years were usually stainless.

You only need so many plastic guns for the Apocalypse and they don't appreciate.  Steel guns are much more collectible.

Wish I had bought more pre lock smiths back when nobody cared, but they dried up around 8-10 years ago and you really need to pay for them these days.
View Quote

That's a fair price, check the gun genie(gallery of guns) might save $20-30.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
A GP100 6 inch was my first handgun purchase many years ago.  I remember getting the half lug version because it was about $30 cheaper than the full lug back then.  I was a poor college student and $30 was a lot of money.  I wish I would have bought the full lug, but doesn't really matter I guess.  I've put thousands of rounds thru that 6 inch since then, almost all of them reloads.  It can take the hottest rounds that would make a Smith cry.

Since then I've added a SP101 years ago, and just lately a 3" GP100.  Been eyeballing the GP100 4 inch now.  Don't really need one, but that never really kept me from buying another gun.  I just enjoy shooting revolvers and rolling up reloads for them.

Recently I had a set-back in my GP100 4 inch stash.    I found a Redhawk .44 4" instock online and jumped on it.  Still waiting on the pick-up date to come around.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
actually $545 at LGS...
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have always been a S&W guy...K Frames, 25/625 and a couple of J frames.  I got a Blued WC GP100 last week and know I want a Comp. Master.  Damn.  Another passion.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
 Well, I tried something different and fun... I shot both my GP (blue) and my wife's GP (ss) at the same time at 10 yards.  It was a blast.  Literally and figuratively.   I did pretty well at 10 yards with single action but only did well with dominant hand (right hand) with double action.   Have never tried this before.  I've shot with non-dominate hand only in the past but I need to work on left hand shooting much more.

Shoot often and shoot safe !!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 Well, I tried something different and fun... I shot both my GP (blue) and my wife's GP (ss) at the same time at 10 yards.  It was a blast.  Literally and figuratively.   I did pretty well at 10 yards with single action but only did well with dominant hand (right hand) with double action.   Have never tried this before.  I've shot with non-dominate hand only in the past but I need to work on left hand shooting much more.

Shoot often and shoot safe !!!!
View Quote

In real life it sure doesn't work like it does on TV
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Stumbled across this thread again, so I figured I'd dig mine out of the safe and take a picture.  Here she is:
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Red 2.......... as my late great father would say "that's a beautiful thing pardner"  
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top