Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2014 1:21:02 PM EDT
Should get the call any day now to go look at a used, LNIB, blued, Wiley Clapp GP100.

I believe others here own one. How do you like the blued model?

I have read that only 2500 have been made? True?

Any pics of any Wiley Clapp models would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Have seen many..   Sweet looking gun.   Don't know about the quality, etc, but sure is pretty.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Pretty happy with mine.  Still waiting on leather (kydex).  Yes only 2500 blued, 2000 SS.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s984.photobucket.com/user/strangler366/media/Random%20Stuff/1400002216_zps54195b6c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Random%20Stuff/1400002216_zps54195b6c.jpg</a>

Pretty happy with mine.  Still waiting on leather (kydex).  Yes only 2500 blued, 2000 SS.
View Quote

Damn, I didn't know about how few they were making of the black ones.  Guess I need to get one sooner than I thought.

Here's my regular WC

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They are great guns!  Yes it's true they are only making 2500 of the black models and only 2000 of the stainless.  I suspect the new ones are pretty close to being gone if they aren't already.  After there are no more new ones it's a crap shoot what will happen with the prices, I suspect the prices will go up a little and these guns will remain popular collectables.  There are a lot of people trying to buy them before they are gone.  

This is mine, I absolutely love it!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What holsters are you using for carry?
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What holsters are you using for carry?
View Quote

I am awaiting a Garrett Industries "Silent Thunder" for range/class and a JM Kydex AIWB for carry. Tried a Safariland 5181 but gun wouldn't fit without forcing it and then I had to give myself a wedgie trying to draw the now stuck revolver out of the holster. It's gonna go back.

Waiting on Safariland split-six carriers and Comp II's as well. I plan on trying Buffer-Tech "Jet Loaders" down the toad too. I loved my SL Variant loaders for my 681.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad they didn't make a 4 in barreled model.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Picking mine up Monday...the Hawkeye matte blue.  
What holster you using?  How is the bluing holding up to the kydex?  I may also just have my local guy melt me a kydex one.  

Quoted:
<a href="http://s984.photobucket.com/user/strangler366/media/Random%20Stuff/1400002216_zps54195b6c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Random%20Stuff/1400002216_zps54195b6c.jpg</a>

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What holster you using?  How is the bluing holding up to the kydex?  I may also just have my local guy melt me a kydex one.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Garrett Industries is leather lined kydex.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have contacted three holster makers....Simply Rugged, Lobo Leather, and the local goto guy and no responses back.  I am going with my kydex guy for now.  If the bluing fails, I know an awesome Cerakote guy.  
Gun is at UPS in Richmond, one more leg to Va Beach and my FFL....  Should have it tomorrow or Tuesday.  I got four 586 HKS speed loaders in the mail yesterday.

FWIW.... they made 2500 blue and 2000 stainless.....what is the normal production for a revolver these days?  The numbers are really screwing with the elasticity curve since there is no real market for LEO or security.  Just thinking out load.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
For a limited run item there seem to be an awful lot of them floating around.  I've seen several at shows in recent months.  Either the numbers are bogus or these aren't selling very well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For a limited run item there seem to be an awful lot of them floating around.  I've seen several at shows in recent months.  Either the numbers are bogus or these aren't selling very well.
View Quote

Not trying to the thread into an economic discussion, but S&W are becoming much more "collectible" and we all know the deal about trying to get a reasonable Python.  I am picking my WC GP100 today (at the FFL as I speak) the date on the test fired round is Dec 2013, I am not sure where that puts us in the demand curve, but I would suspect close to the beginning.  We also have to factor in all the guns that were sold in the last few years due to the "panic".  Is there alot of disposable gun money in the market for these?  Glocks, ARs, 870s, mags, ammunition....all staples, but what do most consider a revolver to be?  A nice to have maybe?

FWIW, I did find two more companies that make a 3" GP100 holster, FIST (their #9 or #12) and Kramer.  I am going to have my kydex guy make me one.  This is a carry gun for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have contacted three holster makers....Simply Rugged, Lobo Leather, and the local goto guy and no responses back. <snip>
View Quote

Here is my 3" GP100 in a Lobo holster:

It's a regular 3", not a WC.  There should be thread further down in this section about Lobo Gun Leather.  Ray has always been good about getting back in touch about an order.  Not instant response, but generally within a few days.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/Brauer/1911/GP10031.jpg
It's a regular 3", not a WC.  There should be thread further down in this section about Lobo Gun Leather.  Ray has always been good about getting back in touch about an order.  Not instant response, but generally within a few days.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have contacted three holster makers....Simply Rugged, Lobo Leather, and the local goto guy and no responses back. <snip>

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/Brauer/1911/GP10031.jpg

Very nice.  I meant no disrespect to any of the holster makers mentioned, I am sure they are all very busy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine came in....AND some local leather  
Wiley Clapp GP100

Backwoods Leather Holster Portsmouth VA

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
That's very similar to the holster design I want for my WC but I want the three slots to carry strong side at two different angle or cross draw.  If I had a template I could make my own, I've got a fair bit of leather working experience.  The hard part is developing the design template, at least it is for me because I'm a perfectionist and I don't want a holster pieced together from multiple pieces.  I've seen way too many "professionally made holsters that were just cut out pieces sewn or rivited in place.  You can definitely make a holster that way and I'm sure it appeals to some buyers but to me it looks amateur.  I am an amateur which is why I don't want mine to look amateur.

The design of the Mernickle "Bear Paw" holster shown in Chuck Hawks review of the Wiley Clapp is what I would love to make but without seeing it from all angles I can't make my own version of.  I would totally buy the Mernickle holster if I could afford it, it's pretty much perfect for what I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top