Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2014 2:09:39 PM EDT
Since I acquired my Mod. 39, I've been trying to get my hands on a T-Grip. Rubber grips just don't match the classic look, and add bulk.
The old classic T-Grips completely change the feel and control of these small guns, while maintaining the concealment factor. It would have been nice to get one dated to the gun, but every time one came up on Gunbroker or eBay, it went way higher than I wanted to pay.

Well, Tyler Manufacturing is producing these, but it seems they had a rough spot a couple years ago where they weren't keeping up with orders, and had a lot of unhappy customers.
Recent comments indicated delivery might still be a bit slow, but product is being delivered.

So I decided to take a chance. They don't take paypal or credit cards- money orders or checks sent by mail only.

19 days after my order was received, this was in my mailbox:

Very nicely finished, no sharp edges, and the order sheet indicates these are now powder coated.

A couple minutes with the screw drive to install. The copper ears had an inward bend, so straightened them out. Press the T-grip up against the frame and align it to center while you snug down the grips. After you've got the grips installed, check to be sure there's no interference between the copper tabs and your hammer spring (unlikely, but be sure anyway).

With the T-Grip installed, you now have something to hang onto, without adding weight or bulk:

So, for $31.75 you've got a quality manufactured part, delivered in reasonable time. A much more controllable gun, and it just looks right:

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review, I've been hesitating on ordering a set for my S&W model 40.

Is that the shiny or flat black?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the review, I've been hesitating on ordering a set for my S&W model 40.

Is that the shiny or flat black?  
View Quote

It's the shiny.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome. He cashed my check on January 21.  No sign of a t-grip yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's awesome. He cashed my check on January 21.  No sign of a t-grip yet.
View Quote

I sent him a link to this thread.
We'll see......................
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the Tyler. Classic piece of Retro!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#6]
They have an 'F' rating on BBB.  They don't take credit cards because they would be held accountable.  There were probably so many claims against them that they can't get credit card support.

They have had more than 'a rough spot'.  They are considered thieves by those who have sent them money and not received their adapter.  There are a number of folks in this group as a simple Google will tell you.

This is not a company people should do business with.  How much dishonesty and failure is to be tolerated?  A single case of someone actually getting their order filled doesn't mean a thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They have an 'F' rating on BBB.  They don't take credit cards because they would be held accountable.  There were probably so many claims against them that they can't get credit card support.

They have had more than 'a rough spot'.  They are considered thieves by those who have sent them money and not received their adapter.  There are a number of folks in this group as a simple Google will tell you.

This is not a company people should do business with.  How much dishonesty and failure is to be tolerated?  A single case of someone actually getting their order filled doesn't mean a thing.
View Quote

THIS!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Well crap- I knew about prior problems, but recent posts on the S&W forums seemed to indicate hundreds of back orders had been fulfilled, and current orders were getting out in a timely manner. And an ARFCOM member responded in the S&W forum here that he got his in about 3 weeks.

Looks like it's hit or miss.

The quality is there for the product, but doesn't mean anything if they don't ship.

I had emailed the guy with a link to this thread, but never got a response.

Wonder if Rugerlver got his??

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I really want a t grip.  But damn this thread doesn't help my anxiety about sending this outfit money.  I bought a pachmyer grip adapter a couple weeks ago and it is OK.  Feels kinda cheap.  I was expecting it to be the hard rubber that they use, but its just plastic.  

I still want a metal brushed chrome one.

I may just have to keep scouring ebay.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#10]
No. I still have not gotten mine. As I said, the check cleared Jan. 21. I was gonna give him six weeks and contact him directly remembering how old mail ordering used to be around six weeks for delivery. We're coming right up on six weeks.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I've ordered from them twice, last time was last year, or was it the year before that....after some tornadoes damaged their facility garage.  Four weeks and the two I ordered were here.   The order before that was three or four years ago.  They were kinda slow but the product arrived and was as advertised.

No problems with Tyler here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, what do you know? It showed up in the mail today. Looks good, but it did take over a month.

l8rs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, what do you know? It showed up in the mail today. Looks good, but it did take over a month.

l8rs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always thought they were a good idea, but I went with the Precision Gun Specialties "Hideout" grips instead.
View Quote

Damn. Only for round butt grips
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#16]
>>Looks good, but it did take over a month.<<

For something that should be an "off the shelf" item. Go figure......
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
>>Looks good, but it did take over a month.<<

For something that should be an "off the shelf" item. Go figure......
View Quote

The problem is that it's essentially a one-man, hand crafted op, and there's been a big resurgence in demand.

Here's possibly another option- they're plastic, but seem pretty good in quality. Several color options available.
BKGRIPS.com
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
just won a brushed aluminum T-Grip on Fleabay for 26 dollars.  I figure the 2 extra dollars up front will make up for the shipping that will most likely get the thing to me early/mid next week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had great luck with them but my last order was probably 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I just order 3 T-grips  a shiny black, brushed aluminum, and a bronze and received them in less than 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Check/order form is in the mail, lets see what happens.

EDIT: check cashed 3/26
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#22]
It showed up today in the mail, 28 days from when I initially sent the order via mail.

This is the brushed  aluminum finish. Over all i'm happy with how it feels on the gun. In hindsight I should have gone with the polished finish. I may take some Flitz to it later on and shine it up a bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top