Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2010 2:19:39 PM EDT
My father won a LCR at a gun bash today, does anyone know if there are any aftermarket grips available.  We are looking for wood grips or some other thinner smaller grips to pocket carry it a little more comfortably.  

This gun is nice, but man the trigger is way stiff, much heavier than the ones I have seen at the local gun shows.  Hopefully after a few hundred dryfires and some live rounds it'll lighten up.  It is very easy to stage though.  My dad already said he plans on carrying this more than his current CCW, a S&W Model 36.
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Crimson Trace is the only one marketing grips for the LCR at the moment.  You could ask a wood grip mfg to custom make them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
CT IS it. I just sold my LCR. I will buy one again, but not until there are some boot grips available for it. It's a good gun, and the Hogues are nice, but the LCR just isn't as "concealable"  as a J-frame.IMO
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]

We just got back from shooting the LCR for the first time, it looks cool, sights are nice, trigger is not as nice as other ones I have seen, its pretty heavy and stacks alot.  The only drawback is the thing kicks a mule.  Shooting our regular .38 practice loads, 148gr LSWC over 4.3gr of W231, it was more painful than shooting my 2.5" model 66 with full house .357 rounds. All the recoil goes straight to the web of the hand.  

After 15 rounds, we finished up with my dads CCW he had on him, a S&W M36.  Shooting the exact same rounds, it felt like a .22.

I like the gun, I think it looks pretty cool, but I think this ones going.  A co-worker of my Dad has been looking for a small frame revolver, I think this ones gonna be his.

Link Posted: 3/22/2010 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine has a great trigger and with standard loads, it is not bad to handle. I use mine as a BUG and I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I read that someone had contacted Hogue about concealment grips and they were told to check with Ruger in 30-60 days.  Apparently, thinner, less or non-sticky grips will be available for purchase soon!
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have any idea if these CCW grips are a reality?
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem with the Hogue on my LCR, but I'm tagging this out of curiosity.

Link Posted: 5/6/2010 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out Eagle Grips. Their Secret Service grip in rosewood is dead sexy. I'm going to get one when I pick up an SP101 in the next week or two.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/14/2010 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Eagle grips is taking pre-orders for the Rosewood Secret Srvice grips. They are beautiful. Can't make it hot from my phone.  

http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Secret-Service-Grips-in-Rosewood-for-Rugers-LCR.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, new grips for the LCR have arrived on shopruger.com.  I ordered a set, and will report when they arrive.

Here's a link.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Any info on the new grip yet?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Eagle grips is taking pre-orders for the Rosewood Secret Srvice grips. They are beautiful. Can't make it hot from my phone.  

http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Secret-Service-Grips-in-Rosewood-for-Rugers-LCR.html

Let us know when they are out for pictures.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

it's ok. same width but hard plastic on the sides and rubber on the front and back. same two finger grip. i think it's better than the stock one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's ok. same width but hard plastic on the sides and rubber on the front and back. same two finger grip. i think it's better than the stock one.

Thanks.  Ruger says it has narrower top to allow a speedloader to fit, have you tried it out?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post pics of it installed, if you get a chance.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]
it's all over ruger's site. they even sell them with it now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

it's all over ruger's site. they even sell them with it now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top