Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 5:41:51 PM EDT
Ruger's CS for my Mark IV recall has been horrible. It's been very poorly handled.
I called and reported my serial number to them for the recall and gave them all the info. No return box was ever sent. I called a month later and was placed on voice mail and left a message. No one returned my call.
I called back and was told a computer glitch lost all my info.
I was told to call back and give another CS member my info again when I got home from work so as I could get the serial number again off the gun, because they lost all my info. But I was one of many that this happened too.
And now supposedly a new box would be mailed in the near future.
What a joke of a company.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lighten up, Francis.

Shit happens.  If this is the worst thing that happens to you this week, you're lucky.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Another case of if it ain't broke mess with it until it is!

MkII and MK III for the win!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a really good experience with their CS.  Sorry you're having trouble.  I'd still take Ruger CS over most others in the gun world.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Fify

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Calm down.

I sent my info online. The gun has already gone in and come back. Easy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no doubt the flubed the dog......... but it was probably an honest flub.

You haven't dealt with many gun companys CS departments if you think ruger is bad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lighten up, Francis.

Shit happens.  If this is the worst thing that happens to you this week, you're lucky.
View Quote
Also, it's only for a stupid "malfunction" where the safety is between safe and fire, and the pistol being able to be fire if you pull the trigger. I'm not sending shit back, mine works fine, yes it will fire between safe and fire I checked after seeing the recall, and no I don't give a shit. In fact I'd rather it be that way than "oh no it wasn't perfectly on fire all the way so it can't fire. Flip it all the way to which ever you want, and keep your finger off the trigger until you're aiming at your target. Geesh.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes because the pistol blows up and or falls into a million pieces because some retard put his finger where it shouldn't have been when he thought it was on safe and couldn't fire, pulled the trigger and it fired.  Is it a safety issue, yes, but no more so than an idiot putting his finger on the trigger when he shouldn't be. The way some of you are making this sound you'd think it were a "real" recall for something like catastrophic failure of some sort.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lighten up, Francis.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lighten up, Francis.

Had it only been one mistake during this recall to me, I would understand. But there were multiple mistakes made to me on my experience with CS and it's annoying to have to call a total of four times to CS just to get a box sent for a return. Now my fear is that they will lose the trigger housing frame, if they lost my info and hundreds of others info. I'm a truck driver and I have to stop to make calls.

Quoted:
Calm down.

I sent my info online. The gun has already gone in and come back. Easy.
LOL, I'm just sharing my experience and opinion.
I didn't have the online luxury as you when I made the first contact to Ruger.
I also expect them to at least call me back after they lost all my info ( they lost a bunch of others info I was told) when I leave a message about my return box not showing up after a month.
I also expect after I call the third time for the CS rep to at least act like they give a flip.
Ruger has gone down hill on quality for the last five years it seems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Had it only been one mistake during this recall to me, I would understand. But there were multiple mistakes made to me on my experience with CS and it's annoying to have to call a total of four times to CS just to get a box sent for a return. Now my fear is that they will lose the trigger housing frame, if they lost my info and hundreds of others info. I'm a truck driver and I have to stop to make calls.

LOL, I'm just sharing my experience and opinion.
I didn't have the online luxury as you when I made the first contact to Ruger.
I also expect them to at least call me back after they lost all my info ( they lost a bunch of others info I was told) when I leave a message about my return box not showing up after a month.
I also expect after I call the third time for the CS rep to at least act like they give a flip.
Ruger has gone down hill on quality for the last five years it seems.
View Quote
CS in general has gone down hill as younger people who don't give a shit infiltrated the job market?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry 'bout your luck. I've had to call Ruger's customer service three times. All three times I got a live person with minimal wait. All three times I had a pre-paid shipping label emailed to me while I was still on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I just recently got a MKIV from Bud's. It looked like someone dropped it on the sights. I don't think it came from Ruger like this. The front and rear sight were damaged and the rear sight blade was broken. One call to Ruger and they sent me a prepaid FedEx shipping label no questions asked. I also bought a used Ruger RPR and they sent me a free accessory kit a few months back. Ruger is G2G in my book.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I got my return box today.  Pretty painless so far.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The Mark IV will likely be the last Ruger product I buy. This is my 4th Ruger and each one of them has had to go back to the mothership for a factory defect or recall. Bad machining, incorrect tolerances, major cosmetic issues and design mistakes.

I am not at all worried about shooting the Mark IV as is but if I ever want to sell the thing I can guarantee that the most common question I will get is "did it go through the factory recall?"

So I signed up for the recall on Ruger's website. They sent me an e-mail back on July 5 that my info was received and I should receive a box shortly.

It was a slow day at work so on a whim I decided to give Ruger a follow up call today. Ruger has set up a hotline for the Mark IV recall. A service rep picked up almost immediately. She was very friendly but could not stop laughing because of all the problems they were having processing the recall. She said that Ruger was overwhelmed by the requests for repairs and that it was VERY hit or miss who got a return box and who did not.

The rep quickly tracked down my information and it turns out that Ruger has multiple addresses and phone numbers associated with my name/serial number. These are locations at which I have never lived and phone numbers I have been never associated with. Kind of disconcerting.

She promised to update my info and send out a box tomorrow.

I will admit that EVERY Ruger customer service person I have dealt with has been friendly and helpful but that doesn't change the fact that the company has very spotty R&D and abysmal quality control.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I find it interesting you did it four times.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I find it interesting you did it four times.
View Quote
Yeah. Totally my mistake.

Mark III Hunter

SP101 .22

Mini 14 Ranch

and the Mark IV

Sucked in by the price and the feature set. Been disappointed each time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got my Mark iv back from Ruger. Turn around was super fast. Trigger weight and feel is unchanged. Safety actuation is much more positive than before. It was mush originally. Free magazine as promised.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up a Mk IV Lite last night from my LGS. The store had already sent it back for the recall. My guess is unsold inventory at stores is getting priority on the service so sales into the market are disrupted as little as possible.

That being said I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. I'll be putting some rounds through it this afternoon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't had any issues with any of the Rugers that I own.  In fact I am very impressed with my LC9S PRO and my MK3 22/45.  My only gripe is that I don't like the disassembly procedure for the LC9S.  Taking the Mark apart and putting it back together is no problem
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought a Mark III/45 as my first Ruger product 4 years ago. The trigger was miserable and the under barrel Picatinny rail was canted at almost 7 O'clock. I remember the frame having sharp flashing on it too and a spongy mag release. I bought it off Buds of which is another story... I sold it within the first month of owning it. Just bought a pristine Mark II manufactured in 1989-1990 and the two pistols are night and day in regards to quality, fit, and function, (just like most other things of today!) I swore not another Ruger product after that Mark III but took another chance and I'm happy I did. Out of all the current and past production .22 caliber pistols I believe the Ruger Mark II is the best pistol of the bunch out of the half a dozen types I've tried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top