Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:45:57 AM EDT
Does anyone carry a P-95DC fully loaded, cocked and locked as a defensive sidearm ?  I want to carry this heavy monster but I don't feel confident in de-cocking this pistol every time that I want to carry it -- on a loaded chamber.  Thank you any comments.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't carry it on my body. More off a glove box gun for me. But yes I chamber a round and then Decock it . Its now in double action mode. Just pull the trigger. I might not be understanding your question . Sorry if I ain't . I do feel the pistols safe to carry hammer down with one in the camber. It has a firing pin block in I believe... Maybe someone else will come along and be more technical . WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
To big and heavy to carry but does nightstand duty quite well. I do the same load chamber and then decock. If I need it I am confident my adrenaline will make the first trigger pull in DA a non issue.

P95 may be one of the most reliable pistols ever built! Eats every 9mm I load into it and never hiccups.

I would have to be a lot younger to consider carrying a P95 full time!

Great pistol
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
a P95DC can't be carried cocked and locked

It is decocker only.  Impossible to discharge a round when decocking...decock away
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ruger guns are good to go , get a good leather holster like Galco or Desantis , good belt you forget its there .
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine in a OWB Serpa holster just fine.

Yours is a DC model.  That means on the side of the frame, a de-cocker is used to de-cock the pistol. Use it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry mine in  Desantis black leather speed scabbard , with a stiff belt , you do not know it there . round in chamber , thumb safe down or decock it and push it back up . good to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#7]
My first carry gun was a P95.

Monster, but reliable and safe to decock.

Get some training and your confidence in your chosen weapon system will increase.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top