Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2017 7:34:43 AM EDT
Any owners of the Ruger 1911 in 10mm?? I have read a little on it, looks promising, may have to get when they work bugs out of it.
Huck
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
And put a rail on it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And put a rail on it.
View Quote
Uh, no.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Uh, no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And put a rail on it.
View Quote
This. And something other than Stainless.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.
I just gotta ask why those of us who would want / need a rail shouldn't be allowed to have it?????
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
maybe I missed it, but does anyone know if these are ramped barrels or the conventional throated variety?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It's ramped.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just gotta ask why those of us who would want / need a rail shouldn't be allowed to have it?????
View Quote
You should. And those of us who don't want / need a rail shouldn't have one disfiguring our pistol. Ruger should make both versions.

Based on Ruger's QC, however, they definitely should make railed one first, so all you guys can be their beta-testers.
I'll buy mine after the recalls and fixes go into effect.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I would take the hi-cap RIA version over that any day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would take the hi-cap RIA version over that any day.
View Quote
Get out of here.

I would rather have an American made 1911 from a company with excellent customer service. Rugers are solid. RIA are hit or miss.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You should. And those of us who don't want / need a rail shouldn't have one disfiguring our pistol. Ruger should make both versions.

Based on Ruger's QC, however, they definitely should make railed one first, so all you guys can be their beta-testers.
I'll buy mine after the recalls and fixes go into effect.
View Quote
I'm with you on the blue but i'm glad they are making your version first
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#12]
There will probably be a blued distributor exclusive of some sort eventually. Probably would have different sights too. Although part of me agrees with the target sights for what is most likely a hunting gun. 

Looks like I will be getting into the 10mm game at some point, and it will be Made in the USA. 
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm out of town but have one waiting for me to pick up on Thursday. I'll do a quick write up after I shoot it if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes please! I would change the sights on the Ruger for carry, I'm still looking into RIA, so many mixed reviews. Or I can save for a Dan Wesson. Really interested in long term reviews on Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm out of town but have one waiting for me to pick up on Thursday. I'll do a quick write up after I shoot it if anyone is interest
View Quote
AAR on the SR1911 10mm I picked up last week (ripping deal, $701 OTD).

The overall impression of the pistol is good.

You will need the manual for initial disassembly/reassembly, there is a hole in the FLGR that allows for a pin to keep the recoil spring compressed and out of the way.  Other than that, it's a straightforward field strip and reassembly.

The range experience was about what was expected, 100 round of Prvi 180gr JHP, the first few mags were a little left at 10 yards, a total of 10 clicks on the sights brought POA/POI together.  There was some vertical stringing, I'm positive it was me getting accustomed to the trigger.  When proper technique and breathing were used holes magically appeared in the 10 ring.  I'll give the trigger some time to break in, it may end up getting some attention from a gunsmith, it feels a little long and heavy, no scale to measure it.

I picked up 20 rounds of Hornady Custom 180gr XTP at the range, POA/POI was dead on at 10 yards.  This stuff is significantly more energetic than the Prvi.

There were 8 failures to feed from slide lock in the first 120 rounds.  I tried slingshotting, dropping the slide stop, and even loading the mag while in battery and racking the slide.  It didn't seem to matter what technique was used.  There was also one FT feed with the Hornady.  

The pistol is tight, no need to get worked up over the FTF yet, the parts may need time to knock off the rough edges.

Overall impression?  It's staying.  I'll burn through the case of Prvi and use the recovered brass to feed the 550.  A conversion kit for .40/10mm is in my future
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
AAR on the SR1911 10mm I picked up last week (ripping deal, $701 OTD).

The overall impression of the pistol is good.

You will need the manual for initial disassembly/reassembly, there is a hole in the FLGR that allows for a pin to keep the recoil spring compressed and out of the way.  Other than that, it's a straightforward field strip and reassembly.

The range experience was about what was expected, 100 round of Prvi 180gr JHP, the first few mags were a little left at 10 yards, a total of 10 clicks on the sights brought POA/POI together.  There was some vertical stringing, I'm positive it was me getting accustomed to the trigger.  When proper technique and breathing were used holes magically appeared in the 10 ring.  I'll give the trigger some time to break in, it may end up getting some attention from a gunsmith, it feels a little long and heavy, no scale to measure it.

I picked up 20 rounds of Hornady Custom 180gr XTP at the range, POA/POI was dead on at 10 yards.  This stuff is significantly more energetic than the Prvi.

There were 8 failures to feed from slide lock in the first 120 rounds.  I tried slingshotting, dropping the slide stop, and even loading the mag while in battery and racking the slide.  It didn't seem to matter what technique was used.  There was also one FT feed with the Hornady.  

The pistol is tight, no need to get worked up over the FTF yet, the parts may need time to knock off the rough edges.

Overall impression?  It's staying.  I'll burn through the case of Prvi and use the recovered brass to feed the 550.  A conversion kit for .40/10mm is in my future
View Quote
It's strange that all of your FTF's were from slide lock.  Take a look at your slide stop lug and see if there are brass or copper marks on it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's strange that all of your FTF's were from slide lock.  Take a look at your slide stop lug and see if there are brass or copper marks on it.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look there when I have the chance to break it down. 

Free time is a precious commodity with two young kids in the house.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look there when I have the chance to break it down. 

View Quote
Hickok 45 was having issues with the slide stop in the Ruger SR1911 10mm that he tested.  It is a common problem in 10mm 1911's in general and can result in premature slide lock or FTF issues.  The Ed Brown 40/10mm slide stop appears to be the cure.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hickok 45 was having issues with the slide stop in the Ruger SR1911 10mm that he tested.  It is a common problem in 10mm 1911's in general and can result in premature slide lock or FTF issues.  The Ed Brown 40/10mm slide stop appears to be the cure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks molar, I'll see about getting one ordered if the issue doesn't work itself out in a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Uh, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And put a rail on it.
Uh, no.
And lose the adjustable rear sight for a standard Novak sight. I do actually like the idea of a ramped barrel though... especially in a 1911 in 9mm or 10mm caliber. Hell, I really like my Springfield Commander in .45acp with the ramped barrel and captured recoil spring assembly (much or just like the Ruger version.) IMO, the ramped barrel/captured recoil spring assembly system is more reliable than the other non Gov't/5 inch barrel sized 1911's I've owned/tried. YMMV...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#21]
My father picked up a SR1911 10mm a few weeks ago and we finally made it out to the range yesterday.  I loaded him some ammo with 200 gr XTP's, 180 gr FMJ's, 190 gr WFN and 200 gr TC that I cast in order to see if there were any feed issues.

Good news is that out of 150 rounds, there was only one failure to return to battery early on.  A slight bump to the back of the slide sent it home.  Bad news is that I couldn't shoot it that well.  I think it is due to the fact that I'm used to SA/DA and DA guns.  I'm sure it was me and not the gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I just ordered one on Friday from grabagun.com. I plan on shooting reloads and probably changing out the front sight for something more visible. I also ordered the ruger branded cocobolo wood grips. They should look good on a stainless pistol
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I enhanced the sights using Dremel & paint:

Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Just out of curiousity, what are you paying for your Ruger 10mms?

I was trading with a LGS and they had a RIA 10mm 1911 for $685. I've had good luck with RIAs in the past in .45 and 9mm, but I passed cause this one had the tac rail which I don't care for in 1911s. And the Ruger in stainless is a better option in the long term vs the thin parkerized finish on the RIAs. But online I'm seeing the Ruger go for about $150 over the RIA.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Cabelas had the Ruger on "sale" for $799
I had accumulated $375 in Cabelas points.
The difference wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Just curious, but would they possibly make this in a commander style?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I just ordered a 10mm SR1911 from grabagun.  $743 + 7.99 shipping, not bad.  It would be hard to overstate how I excited I am for this thing to arrive.  

I have a Ruger SR1911 in .45ACP and adore it, amazing trigger and extremely accurate.  I'm hoping for the same from the 10mm.

ETA:  That was fast, it made it to my FFL in one day once it shipped and he called me same day.

Here he is with his .45ACP brother.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
About a year since Ruger rolled these out... how are they running?
Were there any early-production issues that have since been resolved, or GTG from the get-go?

I keep trying to convince myself that I don’t NEED a 10mm handgun.
It’s not working
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I see Ruger has 2 10mm revolvers... I may have to get a second job to pay for all this 10mm..
Huck
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Just in case your looking for something other than 1911ish. NOT trying to hijack but it might be worth the look.

/gp100MatchChampion/specSheets/1775. 10 mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top