Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 9:27:29 AM EDT
Looking to replace the Hogue grips on my 5" GP100. Any advice on buying from Ruger vs buying Altamont? Altamonts can be gotten checkered and different inserts, like the silver/gray color. But Ruger also has the compact version. I'd prob go with Altamont for the fullsize grip, but anyone know how the compact version would feel and handle on a 5" gun? Would it even fit? Pics would be great and any advice would help. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Owned a couple of altamonts, they do make factory ruger grips for some models, I prefer them over Ruger's other grips.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I honestly feel like the Match Champion grips are the best I've felt. The shape is perfect, there's no grooves and stippled wood instead of checkered. 

I get a much more solid grip on the stippling vs the Hogue checkered grips.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The Ruger ones are most likely made by Altamont.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Going with some Altamonts. Any need to get the checkered? The grip is rubber and checked already. Can't see slippage being an issue either way. The Hogues gotta go. Feels like a weird hump on the backstrap and make me use a grip high hold in order to fit in the finger grooves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top