Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2017 5:56:57 PM EDT
LCP 2 back from Ruger. Problems: Fail to feed, light primer strike,Slide failed to return to battery ,Trigger  did not reset.  Solution, Barrel ramp polished, Outside of      barrel around chamber area relieved  ( polished) New extractor, two new     recoil springs.They say         they fired 27 rounds with no problems. Don't know when I can get to the range to test it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I kind of feel your pain.  Just got my LCP2 earlier this week.  I put 80 rounds through it last night and had 2 rounds failed to feed and 2 more failed to properly extract/eject.  Was using 2 different magazines and 50 of those rounds were Winchester whitebox while the other 30 were Hornady hollow points.  No specific pattern emerged between magazine or ammo type and at one point I put 41 rounds down range without incident (thought maybe it worked itself out)  then on the very last round of the session it choked on the ejection and the slide caught the empty and pinned it against the barrel.   I picked up 300 rounds of Privi round nose FMJ at AIM Surplus earlier today and I plan on blasting my way through as much of that as can this weekend in hopes of the pistol breaking in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the LCP2 inspector is a neighbor of mine. Tag for more info to see if I can help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a f2f issue with the previous LCP model. Thing was built to incredibly tight tolerances for its size and just needed a break in period. I tracked the failures of which there were a lot in the beginning, First session 5/42 rounds, second- 3/82, third- 1/57. After 150 rounds or so (last issue was on mag 1 or 2 of that third session's 57), haven't had a failure since.  That firearm now has 678 tracked rounds through it since last spring. Not saying your gun isn't having other issues, but shooting it a bit to allow it to loosen up worked for me and  you may just want to keep feeding it and monitoring.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday I started out with 100 rounds of Privi .380 round nose FMJ and had zero failures.  Pulled out the Hornady XTP rounds and #5 failed to feed and hung up kinda stove pipe STYLE.  Dropped mag, racked slide and it dropped right out.  Put the round in another mag and burned off about 30 more rounds of Hornady XTP without incident.  Hope to get another 75 pack of the Hornady next week and see how it does.  Right now my confidence level with the round nose FMJ is pretty good but still pretty unsure about everything else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one of the last produced LCP's before they rolled out the LCP 2.

Had lots of FTFs. Problem ended up being the bottom of the extractor claw was too sharp. When the cartridge rim attempted to push upward under the extractor during feeding, the sharp pointy bottom of the extractor claw caused to hang up.

Took the time to remove the extractor from the gun and slightly stone the sharp point on the bottom of the extractor. Bingo, no more FTF.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case your problem was similar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why I polish/deburr those areas mentioned before shooting.  Timing on these tiny guns is critical, doesn't take much to throw em out of whack.  They should follow Kahr's lead and ship from the factory polished.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
My LCP II eats everything as does my LCP Custom, my Kahr CW-380 is scary accurate with PMC Bronze FMJ, and okay with everything else but Fiocchi that is where it draws the line. I don't have any of the Extreme Penetrator or Defender from Underwood, just XTP's which do work in everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top