Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2017 5:06:52 PM EDT
Are there any grips that give it a "beefier" profile, I am not fond of the skinny/thin feel it has.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Wont any 1911 grips fit? the Magpul ones look nice on the 22/45
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have VZ 1911 grips on mine. Had to trim a tiny bit to get them to fit around the slide release.

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The houge wraparound grip with finger grooves is what I had on my 22/45. I have big hands and they fit me well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hogue wrap around grips
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
Magpul grips are inexpensive and have the trimmed down section for the mag release. The left panel top needs a little dremel/file work for clearance, but easy to do and looks fine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I put on the Hogue Wrap Around and really like it.  Use the pistol for steel challenge.  No optics.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Just stopping by to say thanks for the suggestions. After a little more research it looks like I will need to get the dremel out as I have the polymer framed version with the non replaceable grips
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just stopping by to say thanks for the suggestions. After a little more research it looks like I will need to get the dremel out as I have the polymer framed version with the non replaceable grips
View Quote

MKII ?  There is a guy who makes grips for that one but they require you to dremel and epoxy on 1911 grip inserts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MKII ?  There is a guy who makes grips for that one but they require you to dremel and epoxy on 1911 grip inserts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MKIII,and howdy stranger ,where ya been hiding and how are you doing?

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I got one of those too, I was going to follow this guide,
http://www.ktgunsmith.com/22451911grips.htm, but just said eff it and bought another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top