Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2017 2:53:21 PM EDT
I'm trying do decide between a LC9s or S&W Shield in 9mm.  I'm leaning toward the LC9s.  

For people with the LC9s, how is the reliability, especially with hollow points?
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had both. Kept the LC9s.  It carried easier in the pocket. The Shield was too large IMHO.  

LC9s was very reliable with anything I ran through it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I own both, and I prefer the LC9's over the Smith. Ruger's warranty is tops in the industry, the weapon is a tad bit less expensive

than the Smith, it's very comfortable and accurate. And as the poster above stated, it's smaller and easier for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the LC9s better, however I shot a Shield the other day and shot a nice small group with it.  I think I need to go to my local store and compare them side by side.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Both are good pistols.I had a LC9s and a Shield 9mm in the past and wound up selling them both, as I thought I would be better off having a bigger pistol. Now I am back to going with a single stack pistol for concealment. I went with the LC9s again as I like the overall feel of it,lower bore and the safety, which is much easier to use. I liked the Shield,but if you get the safety model,try it first. I found it difficult to use due to it's size and it is pretty stiff. The trigger is very smooth,much better from the original. Either way you can't go wrong. The nice thing about the Shield is that it comes with x2 magazines.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot a Shield but own an LC9s. If I had to buy the gun over again I would buy the LC9s. A great reliable gun ....<><....:)
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the LC9S Pro, and it's been great.  No malfunctions, pretty nice trigger, and no magazine disconnect.  Very impressed with it.

When I was looking for a single stack 9 I was looking at the Ruger, the Shield and the Glock 43.  I liked the Ruger the best and it hasn't led me down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I went to my lgc yesterday and started comparing the compact 9's.  After looking at all the pistols I went in a different direction and bought a Glock 43.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have shot a Shield but own an LC9s. If I had to buy the gun over again I would buy the LC9s. A great reliable gun ....<><....:)
View Quote

Both are great carry guns, I sometimes carry the LC9S cause it's so small & easy to conceal.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Shield for me IWB carry. Too large for a pocket gun. The Ruger LCP 380acp is a good pocket gun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a RKBA Leather pocket holster for my LC9s Pro, I could carry it in my pocket easily, a G33 has that spot now as I wanted more capacity.  I have a Shield, but a 45 and you can't carry that dynamo in the pocket, I think the 9MM or 40 would be too big also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top