Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2016 10:08:31 PM EDT
I have a few Redhawk's and I bought the new 4.2" Redhawk 45 LC/45ACP. They made this is a round butt instead of the regular square butt. So no one including Ruger makes any grips for it. SO I'm stuck with a great revolver thank I cant shoot heavy loads because I can't get a decent grip for it. Sometimes Ruger  just does Stupid so well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried calling a company like Eagle Grips?  They might be able to make custom grips for you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They built it, you bought it.

Why does that make Ruger stupid??

IF you don't like it, don't buy it.

Doc
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, round butt revolvers are better...  but if you wish to the denigrate a perfectly good round butt I am sure given a little bit more time Hogue or someone similar will make a round to square conversion grip for you.  The round but Redhawks have only been around for a little while.  It's a lot easy to go from round to square then the other way.   So someday down the road you will be able to easily go back to round butt grips when you have seen the light and come back from the dark side.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually do like the round butt for light loads. But, the grip is just too small for hotter loads. When I bought it I thought Ruger would have the Bantum grip like on their other 4.2" redhawks. For some reason nobody makes anything so far. I do hope some day to be able to get a bigger grip.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Pachmayer rubber may fit. I roundbutted a Redhawk, and they fit it fine. The Hogue requred a full grip frame, but the... Wait a minute, it may have been an Uncle Mikes. It was a two piece grip with a screw in the middle. Hard plastic inside, that matched the grip frame, rubber outer. The round butt just didn't totally fill the inner hard plastic form, but they worked fine.

Round butt was fine for heavy loads too, but seemed to slide down your hand more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a pair of shooting gloves to wear when I'm shooting my Redhawk 45LC/45ACP. It works great for me and I shoot HSM Bear Loads, 325gr LN 1155fps ammo. Those will wake you up!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top