Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 1:10:16 PM EDT
So, about 2 months ago, I bought a brand new SR9c. It was having light primer strikes, failures to eject and the trigger was failing to reset right out of the box. The failures too eject stopped after the first 3-4 mags, and I cleaned the striker channel, which stopped the light strikes, but the trigger was still failing to reset. This was a pervasive issue, occurring 2-4 times per mag. I called Ruger, got a RMA and sent it off. It came back yesterday and based on the report that came back with it, they replaced pretty much the entire top half of the gun (including the barrel for some reason), along with the trigger lift spring and trigger reset. However, my gun, which had the black nitride finish, came back with a stainless slide for some reason. So I called them today, got another RMA, and it's back to Ruger. They promised me 2 free mags for my trouble. We'll see if it's even fixed when it comes back THIS TIME.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The one or two times I used them I had good luck with Ruger CS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh boy...free mags are good though...are they sending one of each size?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh boy...free mags are good though...are they sending one of each size?
View Quote

I requested both 17 rd mags with sleeves. The way I see it, I only need the one 10 rd mag for concealment purposes. My backup mags can be as big as I need them to be.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ruger's CS folks should take care of you.  They've always been top notch when I worked with them professionally (FFL) and personally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top